Midas Touch

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
treefrog

Midas Touch

Post by treefrog »

After the recent discussion around the special feature Midas Touch, I picked up a Hi Top (from ebay) with what I think is the complete Midas Touch arrangement, not that I understand how they work, but given this is my third Hi Top with the feature, it is the only one with the parts still in place as most people probably did what BP suggested and jump up and down them them as soon as they could.

I fancy seeing if I can make this one work as I have not plugged it in, but must be seen part of its history and would be nice to preserve. Has anyone else got a working one or happens to have a wiring diagram. It appears to have a single solenoid attached to one of the upper fingers and a microswitch on another and also has a microswitch on a lower finger. As it happens the machine itself looks very original and hardly used as it has original wrinkle paint and even has complete leather pads hardly worn on all the stops. Was apparently in a bedroom for the last 25 years...looks like it has since it was converted....
Attachments
CIMG0966.JPG
CIMG0960.JPG
Solonoid
Solonoid
Little Devil
Little Devil
malcymal

Re: Midas Touch

Post by malcymal »

I would be interested in this too...
Alternatively, if you can't get it working, Powell's can source you (http://www.1armedbandit.co.uk) payout ticklers to take the payouts up to Jackpot + 21, 18, 14 - about £20 for five (you will swear fitting them).
A replacement award card (mine from Powell's was original) with the higher payouts on, about £10-£15 or one off ebay, you do see them.
Look for a jackpot on ebay, not very common but seen them go for £70.
You can also get a jackpot plus the jackpot frame that goes over slide, plus jackpot post for £110.00.
6d Badge - Got mine for £6 off a slotty, but Powell's do them too.

So, £150 ish plus a renovate on paint and you will have a very valuable machine. I'm sure BP said these machines were converted.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I can remember the days when £150 got you a pair of Hi-tops in perfect untampered condition mutter mutter, a new suit ..... two stone of monkey nuts ...... mumble mumble - youth of today!
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Theres nothing like a nice pair...fnarrr fnarrrrrrrrrr.. I still smart from the time i worked at a teacher training college 25 years ago. They had a Mills Hi top with jackpot and reserve sitting in a classroom. They had put number strips on first reel, maths symbols on second reel and third reel more numbers. The orginal strips were underneath so all was good. So pull the handle and work out the sums. Well it sat there for months unusued. I plucked up the courage to ask can i have that machine please? the answer was yes and it sat in my bedroom for three years giving much amusement. When i moved out of home, i had to sell it and got £25 for it... My wife said to me the other day, you had one of those Mills years ago, it still hurts me to think i let it go. It was fantastic condition and all there too....