quadibloc

Investigate 9/11?

Postby quadibloc » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:21 pm

Topic moved and merged - Site Admin.

If the world had been decieved about the source of the attacks on September 11, 2001, it certainly would be an important concern for people who care about freedom. I can't deny that.
However, I must admit to being biased. When I saw your "roughly translated" quote from Francesco Cossiga, for example, "now know well that the disastrous attack was planned and realized from the American CIA and the Mossad with the aid of the Zionist world in order to put under accusation the Arabic Countries"... it doesn't really matter that he was formerly Prime Minister of Italy, basically for using "Zionist" in a sentence (at least with that meaning) he automatically gets zero credibility in my book.
As I recall, immediately after the attack, al-Qaeda denied any responsibility, but a few days later, Osama bin Laden issued a statement indicating regret for the children who died in the attack, which appeared to me to be effectively an admission of responsibility.
As well, many of the objectors to the conventiional view of the attack had claimed the World Trade Center could not have collapsed as it did, and must have been made to collapse by means of explosives. However, this objection was thoroughly debunked by reputable and competent sources, for example in an article in Scientific American, a publication which has a decidedly liberal editorial policy.
Like a faked Moon landing, the deliberate murder of thousands of Americans to achieve a foreign policy goal seems on the face of it to be one of those secrets that are simply too big to keep.
But, as I've said, I'm biased. My real reason for believing that 9/11 skepticism is not worth the time of day is that it appears to me that it chiefly comes from the "usual suspects". That is, it comes from people who simply can't stand that, at least for a while, the American people, instead of being divided by politics, are united behind defending their country, and democracy, from their enemies.

Of course, since 9/11, the world has moved on. In 2008, Michael McCain was running for President, and many people supported him, because he promised to continue the fight against terrorism that his predecessor, G. W. Bush, had begun... while his opponent, Barack Obama, said he was going to immediately pull American troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.
I remember hearing, I think on the radio, someone commenting about the "unthinkable" - that if the terrorists launched another attack during the campaign, what was a tight race would turn into a McCain landslide.
Of course, we all know what really did happen. Instead of a terrorist attack, what we had was a stock market crash. (Some conspiracy theorists might blame the Gnomes of Zurich at this point!) What with the Democratic party being historically the party that is concerned about jobs and the common working man, one would have expected that to tilt things in Obama's favor.
McCain helped. He channeled Herbert Hoover by stating the economy was "fundamentally sound", and then he obstructed efforts by G. W. Bush to contain the damage from the crash until his state got a bigger share of the gravy. If there were a better way to throw an election, I don't know of it. (And yet, not only was the resulting election a close one, but I remember reading the statistic that John McCain got the majority of votes from white Americans, and it was only votes from non-white Americans that tilted the balance in favor of Obama; I was surprised by this, since it indicated a lack of sense on the part of white Americans.)
Obama didn't withdraw American troops from Afghanistan (that position he changed before the election) or Iraq. Being a naive consumer of the mainstream media, I assumed it was because as President, he now knew better why they were needed.

Today, Donald J. Trump is President of the United States. Where 9/11 united Americans, and Barack Obama brought America back to a position of international respect not enjoyed since John F. Kennedy, Donald Trump has somehow managed to divide Americans.
Somehow managed? Yes, as a Canadian I find it hard to understand why (at least nearly) all Americans aren't united in disgust with him. While compared to some people, I'm a conservative Cold Warrior, I have my limits, and he crossed them.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Investigate 9/11?

Postby pennymachines » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi qaudiloc,

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I moved it here, because many felt it best to keep this controversial topic out of the main forum. I'll read it properly when I get a moment and attempt a reply. !THUMBS!