USA coinopcollector forum

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
andydotp

USA coinopcollector forum

Post by andydotp »

Have recently joined the American site and noticed a few friends from here have popped in from time to time. (That includes you OP) !SMARTY!
Given the size & population of The United States it's pretty quiet. Good though, but days, weeks even years between replies to posts (trawling through the Forum history). Rather strange?
Bit of luck & we'll recieve a couple of new members soon - two I've passed on the address to today.

Oh, off topic but bandits are selling weekly in Adelaide. valkyr06's and a few more I was emailed about today.
Funny that! Folk email me to show what they've just bought, never what they're selling.
Night, night. !!GRUMP!!
andy top
treefrog

Re: USA coinopcollector forum.

Post by treefrog »

Have seen the forum over time, but not spent too much time there as mainly US bandits......although you have prompted me and now registered.....Still there is only only forum worth spending time on !SAINT!
andydotp

Re: USA coinopcollector forum

Post by andydotp »

From Monday:

Mills 5 cent Vest Pocket slot

Postby Takemdeep » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 am
Hi. I have a 1933 Mills 5 cent Vest Pocket slot machine. When I put a nickle in, it sometimes does not take it or the lever/slide gets stuck. Is it possible that the hopper that collects the coins for dispersement for a win is full and needs to be emptied? If so, how do you empty it? When it does accept the coin, the machine operates perfectly. Your help is appreciated.

Takemdeep

Re: Mills 5 cent Vest Pocket slot

Postby andydotp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm
Hi Takemdeep,
Are you a sub-mariner by any chance? Or hypnotist?
I hate to state the obvious mate but don't you have the key? I'm sure your local locksmith could make one or you could source a replacement.
andydotp

Yes, they're still asking the tough questions over the pond.
I edited out the word bleedin' prior to obvious - (obviously :lol: ) for fear of offending the unwitting poster but For Goodness Sake it's hardly Rocket Surgery is it?? :NBG:
.p
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Just goes to show that here in America we don't save our best and brightest only for the political arena. We like to think of the US as a "very big tent."

Over the years I've had considerable success purchasing coin-op machines that have been jammed with any number of different coins, all with one common denominator: they're the wrong ones for the machine. So to this happy owner, I would say, "I think something is definitely wrong with your Vest Pocket, Sir. Maybe you should sell??"

J Peterson
American Tentmaster
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

think of the US as a "very big tent."
I've heard it called "a three ring circus". Is that the same :!?!:
jammed with any number of different coins, all with one common denominator: they're the wrong ones for the machine
Just watched an episode of "American Restorer". One of the projects was a kids' ride, factory made, consisting of a real 125cc motorcycle mounted on the usual coin-operated base. When they dismantled the bike to restore that part of the ride, they found the engine to be new and unused and the cylinder to be full of coins and tokens. This part of the ride is ,of course, in no way connected to the coin entry on the ride base,. Will people push coins into any slot big enough, if they give them the chance? DONT' BEND OVER BP!! :shock:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I need my pocket money.
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

andydotp wrote:Hi Takemdeep,
Are you a sub-mariner by any chance? Or hypnotist?
I still can't get over his name !OMFG!
or maybe he's a she,,,,,,,,,,,in which case !OMFG! !OMFG! !OMFG! !!ESCAPE!!
Wonder if he/she's turned it upside down and shaken it violently yet. That usually works.
p
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Did you get a response :lol:

I haven't used this site since it took 3 days for a post I put on to be approved and appear online......very odd
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Hi T-F,
Nah, but really not surprized. Only 45 views :!?!: . Our US friends on here at least 'get' (and join in with) British humour but reading the US forum its desperately direct.
Typical posts being: "I want new reel strips" , "Why won't my machine pay out"? etc
Very lacking with the Pleases and Thank Yous, rarely a pic and I haven't found anything remotely witty as yet.... -/00\-

Now that your email address has been approved you'll get straight on as they only check out first posts.
Doesn't that occur here too? It's a good idea and weeds out spam I guess.
Regs,
andydotp ex- !!CLIMB!! (where'd that emoticon come from?? Love it)
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

BUMP; :woops:
This morning a chap over the pond has listed some Very Interesting machines on UScoinopcollectorforum.
I PM'd him and suggested he might wish to check us out.... there's some nib pieces he has up for grabs. Scales, a cast iron clam shell Muto and some musicals.
andydotp
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

One of the livelier US slot forums is New Life Games. They mainly go in for these new-fangled computery things by IGT and WMS, about which I know little and like less, but I find useful employment in the Bally EM and Reel Slots-Other areas. Also Joey, the owner of the site, lives not far from me and I've visited with him and a number of the more active users.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Looks active, although not clunky or rattly enough for me I can sense the enthusiasm for the fields it covers.

This comment at the beginning interested me as it suggests they have the same nebulous membership issues we enjoy.

User Accounts Older than 1 day "24 Hours" with a zero “0” post count Will be Deleted and treated as a SpamBot.
If you make just one post your account is good for life..

If it wasn't for the high viewing numbers we get for almost every post and thread on here, I could easily be convinced we have about 20 members. !!>*<!!

BP