Ruffler and Walker Earth Satellite repair help

General vintage slot machine related topics.
arrgee

Re: Ruffler and Walker Earth Satellite repair help

Post by arrgee »

John, I believe this has already been accomplished by an absent-minded professor who looked rather like Fred MacMurray in disguise, he did it with 'Flubber' by fixing the compound in a Model T Ford, it worked remarkably well and if I am not mistaken, the substance also greatly assisted a college baseball team by having some in their shoes - you surely must remember? :!?!:
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

By golly, you're right, Gameswat. Cancel the request for the plans; send me a can of flubber.

J Peterson
Flubbie to you, Buster
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

John, I am extremely honoured to have my epithet highly elevated to that of Gameswat, but I am afraid that there can only be one esteemed Gameswat and alas I am not he.

yours in confusion
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Argue,

Well, flubber me gibbets. I need either new glasses or a new brain.

J Peterson
Flubbing it up in America
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I'm hoping that if my moniker keeps getting thrown around like this that I'll soon be brokering some kind of Youtube type deal with Mr PM to get huge kickbacks from this site!?
John T. Peterson wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:32 pm That's it. First, I can't tell time and now I can't do basic math. No more postings from mathematicians.....or Gameswat. :burp:
And could someone please inform JP that those flying plans were drawn up ready to go, but then I saw the above post and promptly had to throw them in the trash. '!'
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

In case Simon the original poster hasn't made his missing tubes I notice there are some spare originals coming up for sale at the upcoming Coventry auction.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Neat Work GW
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Well finally getting stuck into restoring my Earth Satellite and found I'm missing a few parts. The ball release piece has been removed from the shaft as well as from my the other giant Ruffler and Walker Allwin, What's my Line, both came from the USA and were deliberately converted to non coin-op so as not to break the law in the 1970's. It's obviously some kind of tubular arrangement that rotates when pulled by the wire that goes to the coin trip lever.

The Earth Satellite is also missing a spring loaded plate that sits on the rusty horizontal shaft above the missing ball release part. So could please do with a photo or two of these parts if anybody can help, many thanks.
Attachments
earth-sat-coina.jpg
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I don`t have an Earth Satellite, but found this pic of a mech on my PC. Sorry I can`t be of more help.

earth satelite mech.jpg

gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Well damn Bryans - I think you might be building my skill set up way beyond its decent ability!?! Not much to glean from that small blurry shot sadly. :o Unfortunately it's pretty much only a very small group of us who take the time to post photos and info when needed by someone.