The future of our hobby and collaboration

General vintage slot machine related topics.
dickywink

Re: The future of our hobby and collaboration

Post by dickywink »

Hi PM
yes still tuned in and thanks for the update ... good to see a member of the Hawtins family posting ... my Ditchburn research has been held back with this blooming global flu bug that is going round :) ... so hoping to contact and meet up with some of these people when its all over, one thing i have found out is Frank Hawtin was a director of Ditchburn from 1947 to 1952 as part of the agreement of selling the Jukebox business to Norman Ditchburn. any chance of passing on my contact details ( jukebox @ ditchburn.co.uk ) to the family member would be great as i would love to talk to them
many thanks
and all the best... Dicky
brigham

Post by brigham »

The Clutching Hand fascinated me as a kid. I never won anything on it, but it was worth the penny just to see it work.
I remember seeing one wearing rubber thimbles; obviously the low payout rate was too embarrassing for that particular operator.
The example in the video seems to be in America. Has anyone told them that it is supposed to pick up prizes from the revolving disc?
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I have noticed many reproduction flyers for slots appearing on ebay; things that people might want to place in a picture frame. Maybe as the originator you could place a watermark or something on the literature so it's of no use to somebody trying to exploit it. For established members on here, maybe the requester PMs you for the unaltered original thereby you can assess their legitimacy? It's a faff I know, but it's something I have to do on ebay when selling. Place my username card on the item so it can't be copy pasted and duplicated. It's happened a lot to me over 19 years on ebay, even with the seller using the same description with cut & paste.