Silver Jubilee - strange payout?

General vintage slot machine related topics.
brianjc

Re: Silver Jubilee - strange payout?

Post by brianjc »

Thanks, I think you're right keeping in line with originality, so keeping it on 6d.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

I had one in the same colour scheme as yours. The person I sold it to stripped the paint off and polished it. Looked OK, but it looked better painted.
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

Thanks
brianjc

Post by brianjc »

Hi Guys, (with pics).

Just starting to strip down and restore this bandit, but I have a few questions if I may ask. The inside of the main door has what looks like fixings for some sort of extrusion (middle of the door). What was this for? It leads up to the coin inspection aperture, so maybe for a lighting harness of some sort?

Also, the jackpot assembly has a chrome plate fitted between each jackpot to the top which unfortunately looks like it’s be butchered by someone. What should it look like?
Attachments
IMG_1477a.jpg
IMG_1479a.jpg
IMG_1481a.jpg
IMG_1480a.jpg
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

brianjc wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am Nice find of 6p coins!
As the owner of this exact machine (my first bandit i ever bought)
I can tell you that your payouts are completely normal; the mystery payout are the combinations already stated. I also think orange melon bar also pays. The lemons, yep, to prevent a win as is the same with many bandits; my little Aristocrat has many of them on the last reel only.
Finding the hoard of six pences under the cash tray is also normal. In my case many were pre 1945 silver ones, stacked up of which i bundled up and flogged to a silver dealer; they were too thin or old to be reliable in the machine. I got £105 at the time for One old pounds worth of coinage, the machine only cost me £145 in perfect working order.

Its a lovely machine, never lets me down, other than having to occassionally take the pump apart to clean out, grease so the handle doesnt slam back.
To convert it to 20p would be very sad and i doubt you will achieve this due to the following. You will struggle with the coin tube overspill leading to the jackpot. Coins run down a thin chute, every 2 pulls of handle actuates a post that feeds the coins into the left jackpot then the right jackpot. This has a very small slot that will take a 6d coin and new 5p (just) depending on the new 5p's date, some are slightly thicker.

If you want to play with the new 5p it does not involve any permanant physical modifications to the machine. You could try 1p's but they tend to get stuck in the coin tube.

In the coin acceptor you will notice an oval shape cut out. If a coin/slug is smaller than a 6d, it falls through this cut out and returns to the player's cash bowl. If you cut a piece of vinyl (as in floor vinyl) to this shape, you can wedge it in the cut out and place tape behind it to hold in place. You can slightly adjust the cover that goes over this (its the thing that opens up when coin reject button pushed) with the adjustment screw to allow the 5p coin through. When the 5p travels down the overspill chute to the jackpots, you will carefully have to bend the metal under the slots (over the jackpot pots) with some long nose pliers (dont be hard or you can snap them). Payouts will be reduced on the higher amounts, so a ten pay will pay 9. When you get to the 18 payouts, you get about 15/16.

So a conversion that does not damage your machine leaving its true to its originality. Be careful fiddling with the jackpot mech. Its an intricate thing, you will notice on a jackpot payout the gubbins on the side is actated when handle pulled switching next jackpot payout to the second. I have never dared touch my machine and prefer to have the patina of its 57 year history as it was made in 1963.

Will dig mine out the loft eave and get my serial number and service engineer name too, interesting to see if its similar.

malc
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I've just seen your photos and the slots under the coin to jackpot chute looks like it's already been modified? I suspect to allow 1p coin at some point in its life.
Attachments
Capture.PNG