Revenge of the One Arm Bandit

General vintage slot machine related topics.
tallstory

Revenge of the One Arm Bandit

Post by tallstory »

I found this clip from the twilight Zone on the Fogh Andersen website:
https://www.foghandersen.com/twilight-zone-rol-a-top/
Great fun and their website is interesting too, thanks to Google translate! Does anyone else have this obsession? I know how all consuming restoring a One Arm bandit can be.

treefrog

Re: Revenge of the One Arm Bandit

Post by treefrog »

There is a section on this site called “See it operate

This video is on here and many others. Only issue is about half the videos posted over the 10 years now have dead links, such a shame one can’t copy them.

Timing consuming, bloody right they are. About one on four machines I work on becomes a bastard demon machine with endless issues. I can end up spending days on a problem that normally takes minutes to fix. Machine I am working on now, so many problems, eg payout not working correctly due to bent upper finger arm, then I find the upper finger springs are way too strong and competing with the timing spring, then I find the jackpot upper to lower finger spring jamming the other fingers, I could go and on.....there are days I want to take up bird watching......
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 pm ...such a shame one can’t copy them.
Actually, you can (and I sometimes do), but they don't make it easy. ;-)
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

Only issue is about half the videos posted over the 10 years now have dead links, such a shame one can’t copy them.
Treefrog, I assume you mean they can't be copied for copyright reasons rather than technical ones. I'm no expect on these matters but doesn't the copyright expire after 75 years?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

No, copyright on new works, I believe, extends to the author's life plus 70 years after the author's death, but (of course) international copyright agreements are complex. I believe copyright is sometimes claimed on remastered digital transfers of public domain films. However, under European Union rules at least:
...copyright can only subsist in subject matter that is original in the sense that it is the author’s own ‘intellectual creation’.
Intellectual Property Office