Mills Hi Top cash box door

General vintage slot machine related topics.
alan57

Mills Hi Top cash box door

Post by alan57 »

Does anyone have a Mills Hi Top cash box lockable door like the one in the picture that they want to sell. Or even a diagram of what they look like so I can get one made
Attachments
door.jpg
door.jpg (13.93 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
coppinpr

Re: Mills Hi Top cash box door

Post by coppinpr »

I don't think these were ever produced by Mills, but only as conversions for operators who wanted to give keys to mechanics without allowing access to the cash, so they must vary quite a bit. I could be wrong, but don't think so. Wrong locks for Mills of course, but I guess that could have been changed over the years.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Alan ....
If you follow This Link you'll find a downloadable pdf file of The Genuine Mills Bell Machine Parts & Service Manual.
Scroll down to the second photo and you'll see the part you're referring to. Mills called it "Cash Box Door Assembly & Lock".

Sadly due to Covid we have not been able to hold our popular, annual "Slot Spares" bun fight at Derby. When I last looked we had a box of them (sans lock). You might want to try calling Mick Harris, I don't know how busy he is working at his proper job.
If you have no luck, and nobody else comes forward, come back to me directly as I might have a spare one somewhere, alternatively I really should pop over to Mick's sometime in the next month or so as I have machines to collect from his unit.

BP
alan57

Post by alan57 »

Thanks Jeremy !THUMBS!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It’s funny, the one thing I never seem to be bothered about are cash box doors, maybe because they are a pain and often missing anyway. I suspect others had the same thoughts who chucked them away when trusting their staff of course.

Yes as BP says these were supplied by Mills I believe as standard. The part number for Hi Tops is MLB-7925-CSP. Not sure how far they went back, but most of the Mills machines I have owned have the slot for the cash box door. On earlier models they were sized for the various hole sizes some white wide. A few were sold on eBay in last few weeks by a well known collector and he did not sell them all, I bought one because I wanted the original lock.

Here are a few below showing both sides, the bottom right one is genuine Mills, two on left Sega, the one on the right is a cast aluminium version, no idea on maker......

Anyway they are out there.....
Attachments
6BF8B377-23E1-4A7C-807A-538C67E583FF.jpeg
FED1B559-8B7E-4ACD-8CFD-CA09B1A01C1E.jpeg
2E2FE6FD-062F-461C-A4C8-4836F4B262D2.jpeg
alan57

Post by alan57 »

Thanks Tom !THUMBS!