Hi from West Australia

Tell us a bit about yourself.
ralph

Hi from West Australia

Post by ralph »

Hi From Perth W. Australia.

Studied electronics at high school for 3 years during the early 1980s, before starting an apprenticeship as a electronics tech. We even had a Gottlieb Card Whiz in the classroom and a tesla coil amongst other cool stuff. The card whiz wasn't working but, as an older kid had bought it in to get fixed. Owned my first pinball at 17, then sold it after it stopped working, then around 10 years ago I was offed another pinball machine, and that's what started my hobby again collecting coin op.

Moved here from the Co Durham in the 1970s, but I do remember playing the allwin games as a kid at seaside resorts.

I mainly collect pinball machines from 1967 up to some of the latest games and 1970s Em arcade machines, but trying to down size a bit. :HaHa: I collect anything coin op and my latest find was saved from a skip bin by a friend - a Wonders Hit-N-Run. I am working on it atm and need tips with the restoration work. I will make a new post with some pics and a few questions. The Pics I show are of the game removed from the larger plywood cabinet, in case anyone was wondering.

Great site, you have already helped me find the game and a patent of a part that this game is missing, Cheers.
Thanks for reading,
Ralph
Attachments
DSCF2201.1a.jpg
Wonders%201964.jpg
DSCF2196a.jpg
DSCF2200a.jpg
andydotp

Re: Hi From West Australia

Post by andydotp »

G'day Ralph, welcome to the site.
We have a fellow member here called gameswat who you'll 'meet' I'm sure.
I'm Andy P from Melbourne, pleased you've joined up.
Cheers.
gameswat

Re: Hi from West Australia

Post by gameswat »

Hey Ralph, I'm in Perth but sold the last Wonders allwin over a decade ago so can't help you with looking at another original sadly, which of course is the best way to go with jobs like this. I have a few other allwins awaiting restoration and various parts though again nothing Wonders. What is actually missing?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Ralph …..

Welcome on board.
I have a cousin who lives is Perth, he's called Bill Smith …. you probably know him. He's not interested in slots at all but wastes his time with classic cars and flies SIM airliners all over the world from his laptop. Some people have pointless hobbies.

BP !!COOEE!!
ralph

Post by ralph »

Thanks for all the welcome ... Topic split & continued: Wonders Hit-N-Run Restore - Site Admin.
Cheers all
Ralph
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Hi Ralph