Advice and help

Tell us a bit about yourself.
radiochrissie

Re: Advice and help

Post by radiochrissie »

PM’s not working at the moment, leave it with me and I will sort it.
yooser27

Post by yooser27 »

Thank you radiochrissie for getting back to me about the PM not working.
Regards from Neale.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The chopping of the upper fingers is standard when a machine has been reduced to pay lower awards, probably done when the slides were converted. The strips have probably had changes done to cover awards not paying e.g. are there Melons under them, which were paid on the same lines as oranges? I cannot see how many slides there are, but it looks like a reduced stack.
yooser27

Post by yooser27 »

Hello,
There are 3 slides. The 2 vertical fingers (ringed yellow) have been shortened; the other ones have had the ends crudely modified. I haven't a clue why?
You're correct that the extra stuck on lemon and two oranges all had melons underneath them!
It's slowly making sense. I think I'll have to bid on a complete machine at the Elephant auction this month.
Regards Neale.
Attachments
Sega email 03.jpg
Sega email 02.jpg
Sega email 01.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It would be possible to return to higher payout. I have made up lots of mechanisms recently, but if you're going to buy another mech, why not just get a complete machine? Would be easier and cheaper.

I am still trying to work out why there are 5 springs for the slides, if only 3. One of course would be used for the safety slide if there, but who knows where the other goes?
yooser27

Post by yooser27 »

Hello,
I've just had a proper look at the payout slides (photos B & C). There are 4, not 3, as I first thought, and there appears to be a thin slide beneath the others and it is connected to a weak spring under the other springs (photo A). It has a large hole in the middle - but due to lack of space I'm not sure.

In my previous post I mentioned it would be better getting a complete machine, as per all the suggestions on this site. I may try the Elephant auction next week as it appears to be well run and used by this forum users.
Thanks again for all your kind help, regards from Neale.
Attachments
Sega email 003.jpg
Sega email 002.jpg
Sega email 001.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It's true what you say about getting a complete machine (the first of many I'm afraid to tell you, one is never enough) but the mech you have is a great test bed. If you're looking for a new machine then treat this mech as a teaching aid. Give yourself projects to teach you the workings. Some ideas might be:

Remove all the slides and coin tubes, clean them and replace with stronger springs if needed (this will show you just what's going on in there and is an easy starter).

Remove the reel bundle and clean it and all the areas it reveals (this is fiddly but not difficult and will answer a lot of questions about how it all works).

Remove the clock, open it up, and clean all the parts (more of a challenge but more daunting that it really is, you will be stunned at the gunk inside and how well it cleans up, but take photos as you go so you know which cog goes in which position. Servicing the clock is surprisingly rewarding once you have it all back together). :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

With a better view of slides, it looks like standard 20 to 10 conversion. This one looks to pay 2 coin, 5 coin, 8 coin and 10 coin... Some when converted to decimal just went up in twos... Mech looks complete, just needs fettling.