Jackpot allwin edges

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
widget2k4

Jackpot allwin edges

Post by widget2k4 »

I am in the process of cleaning up this jackpot allwin which is covered in blue Formica but I can't seem to find out what the front faced edges would of had on them?
They were hand painted black but did not look original. I have currently got them back to bare wood but am stuck at what to do with them.
Anyone got one in blue?
Attachments
2016-01-12 19.39.54.jpg
glittering-prize67

Re: jackpot allwin edges

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Hi Keith, I would get some of that wooden edging that's patterned with a router. I'm guessing it's about 18mm, or just use T moulding, maybe in chrome. You can get the cutters for the slot on ebay, or get the wooden edging of your choice and spray with chrome paint (odds and ends) or the like which is fast dry enamel. Looks good, I did it years ago on a penny popper I rebuilt.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Hi Simon, I am trying to keep it original if possible. I think it's meant to be yellow. :(
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

There's a blue-laminated Jackpot on the first page of the Philip Shefras thread with a brown cabinet. Of course, it may not be original either, but there are several other plastic laminated Shefras allwins in that thread and they're all two-tone. So I think a yellow or brown laminate would be fine.
glittering-prize67

Re: Jackpot allwin edges

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Formica is not easy to come by. I got mine from a place Northampton way 6 years ago when I did my water wheel. Massive range and good prices. I still have brochures, if you want details I can email them.
widget2k4

Re: Jackpot allwin edges

Post by widget2k4 »

Cheers mate but I have sorted it with some black edging strip that you iron on - seems to have done the job OK for now. :)