Aristocrat Carousel Owners - Dimensions

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
malcymal

Aristocrat Carousel Owners - Dimensions

Post by malcymal »

Any Artistocrat owners out there who could kindly supply me with the full dimensions of an Aristocrat Carousel or equivalent case please?? (this is the base of the machine from front to back, or back to front if you are that way inclined.

I'm lining up for a second bandit and have found some dead space on our landing with a nice unit for two machines to sit on. I need them to be no more than 44cm in depth, my jubiee Mk1 is 41cm, so thats a home for that one. Similarly i have room for another machine on the landing for a lower table, so not to be as high as the ceiling pitch. So, before i get bidding on ebay wanted the dimensions first.
Thanks guys, malc :-o
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Aristocrat Carousel Owners - Dimensions

Post by badpenny »

Is that an Aristocrat Arcadian Malc?
JC

Post by JC »

Er, what's all this cm nonsense? I think most users of this site would appreciate inches. If it helps, 1 inch = 25.4 mm

Jerry :wink:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I thought he meant Classic Machine, and being new'ish to the hobby I didn't want to shatter his illusions.

However I'm glad you've explained JC as I've no idea about metrimificationals, I couldn't even begin to calculate how many litres there are in a fortnight. Image
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Oop, yes an Aristocrat Arcadian. Now my wife keeps moaning at me saying that inches count, im not sure what shes on about ! OKAY, sorry, imperial inches are absolutely fine, furlongs, yards, pounds and ounces, quarts, any help greatly appreciated. Classic machine.... ha ha, well, the arcadian is a classic to me with my mispent youth so has sentimental reasons for playing them. I have sentimental reasons for buying a mills too, when the travelling fun fair came through town they used to have a whole selection of mills bandits that i used to be fascinated by, especially the coins moving along the escalator. I seem to remember playing the arcadian machines on the half pence coin, when they were supposed to be a penny. Often got 2 games for the price of 1. Im sure down the line my snobbery about what machines to have in the house will come into play, and i will have a nice line up of what you guys call classic machines, with a classic full wallet to buy them with. Malc
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You didn't say you had a full wallet! Please do bring it to the auction with you in a fortnight, I'm sure the trip out will do it good.
Failing that I'm sure I can rustle up a few Classic never to be repeated bargains from the depths of my garden shed!

I am currently lacking in Arcadians at the moment so can't measure one for you. Anybody else out there who can oblige?
Over the years I've had several, the case is nothing to go gooey over and they are lacking somewhat in finesse but the mechs are well made and often more robust than some of the so called classics of this hobby.
You'll probably find it wise to remove the magnet on the back of the coin gate or it'll stop most 1np coins as they now have steel content.

From memory I wouldn't have thought they were any bigger (footprint wise) than your Jubilee, and probably a tad shorter, depending on whether it has the top light box fitted, but even then they weren't big.