Evan's/William's Ten Strike

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
rneccano

Evan's/William's Ten Strike

Post by rneccano »

Could anyone tell me what sort of price these games are worth and if there are any for sale in the UK.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Evan's/William's ten strike

Post by badpenny »

I'm aware there are at least two types.
The original from the 50s (?) and a modern version from around this century (?)

The latter being obvious by its LED scoring instead of reels.
The last time I saw one for sale it was just shy of £10K irregardless of which generation.
Others may have different experiences.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Absolutely fabulous machines to play in huge darkened arcade. Even ill-fated Benchmark reproduction, BP mentioned, was fun.

Just in case you are not aware, if it is for home use, be aware of its size and the noise these machines can make when in operation. If you have the space and noise is not an issue, you will enjoy it. However, be prepared to sort out workings on very regular basis.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

A lot older BP, the original Evans version in a deco style case dates back to 1939. Then they sold licencing to Rockola in 1940 when they couldn't fill demand. After the war Evans kept making newer versions up until 1953. Williams apparently purchased the rights and tooling when the Evans company collapsed in 1955. Then Williams re-engineered the thing into the 1957 version, also a non replay version called Ten Pins.