Put some light back into your Bandit for less than 6 quid.

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
malcymal

Put some light back into your Bandit for less than 6 quid.

Post by malcymal »

Well, I've got three bandits now, the Sega and the Roma Beromat UK thing, all light up like a Xmas tree. In the corner my Jubilee Mk1 with twin jackpots is feeling sad, it never came with lights and doest have big areas of glass like the later Jubilees. So, looking on the net I was trying to source a Pygmy Light with push switch as a quick, down and dirty method of lighting a machine.

Heres a pic taken at 4.00 pm with light switched off

Same time, taken with light on

Simple light in place (uses strong double sided glue pads so not to interfere with body work)

So a simple lighting solution, the kit i got came with lighting unit, bulb and mains flex all attached. (no damn chokes and resistors to worry about ). £5.30 for pygmy kit, 64 pence for double side adhesive pads, and a small drill hole in the back door. You can buy a pygmy light with bulb from ebulbshop.com

I think the light works quite well, really cheap way to put some lights into a machine. If you have a sega and no lights without a jackpot, the pygmy fitting will screw into the empty jackpot retaining screwholes, (bolt holes) likewise they easily fits into a top light box.
Photo of my sega using 2 pygmy lights (both wire into 1 connector block) then attached to 2 core with plug (3amp fuse)