Horse racing/Dog racing/Roulette coin operated machines.

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
perana5000

Horse racing/Dog racing/Roulette coin operated machines.

Post by perana5000 »

Hello everyone I'm Mark and I have just found this excellent site! A bit of a novice when it comes to coin machines. I suppose my interest started a couple of years ago when I purchased a really nice Aristocrat Nevada. I have recently added to my tiny arcade in the living room with a Bell fruit Cascade (simple but good fun) and a really lovely 1933 Gottlieb Scoreboard pinball machine - this pinball has a Burrows Automatic Supply Co. Ltd, 78-81 & 85 Fetter Lane, London EC4 badge on it. Could anyone tell me anything about Burrows Ltd??

Onto the subject of my heading - I am very keen to know more about Horse and Dog racing machines and Roulette machines and would love to maybe own a machine or two in this line. Any information would be very welcome (mechanical or electro mechanical),
Kind regards to all Mark.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Horse racing/Dog racing/Roulette coin operated machines.

Post by badpenny »

Hi perana5000......... welcome to the site, come in draw up a rusty Sega sit down, have a biscuit and tell us some lies.
Got any photos?
Are you talking about machines that had a racing theme/graphics or are you talking about those large ones we all remember that had model dogs and horses hurtling around under the glass?

Badpenny :D
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Hello Badpenny and all fellow slotters! well probably more interested in the smaller machines (white city greyhound racer) (royal ascot) (caille roulette) also found a clip of a rouletto on youtube- any machines of this ilk I would love to know more about! Does anyone have any photos?
All the best Mark.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've had both Royal Ascot and a Caille/greyhound stadium. They crop up from time to time, I seem to think we had a Royal Ascot at one of our Coventry auctions, but I could be wrong as the day seems to blur somewhat.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

perana5000 wrote:Hello Badpenny and all fellow slotters! well probably more interested in the smaller machines (white city greyhound racer) (royal ascot) (caille roulette) also found a clip of a rouletto on youtube- any machines of this ilk I would love to know more about! Does anyone have any photos?
All the best Mark.
Hi parana5000 :D , I would just like to add my own welcome to the forum, dont worry as most collections start with just one machine :( but be warned it can soon take over your life and you may soon need a bigger house :oops: just jokeing it's fantastic hobby to get into...
I have found you some links that may be of use in your search.....but dont forget to come back to the pennymachines site when you have looked at them,
the first link is for the Internet Pinball Data site... http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=score ... quick#2062 this should take you to the page that tells you about your Gottlieb Scoreboard Machine...
the second link is a plug for my own website at http://www.slotmachines.bravehost.com/ you can find some details of the smaller type machines you are looking for....
and dont forget to keep us all informed as your collection grows...
Regards Slotalot... :tarah:
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Thanks everyone for the information and the websites!! I'm learning all the time!!
All the best Mark.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

A machine I was so tempted with that was on Ebay before Xmas, but it was in Glasgow, was a Derby Racer "Racing at Newmarket". The machines playing mechanism had been covered up, but was all there and included famous rider like Leister Piggott. Looked great and I cannot believe sold for £99 :shock:

Perhaps bigger than you would like, but classic slot
Attachments
308A.jpg
308C.jpg
308E.jpg
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

perana5000 wrote:Thanks everyone for the information and the websites!! I'm learning all the time!!
All the best Mark.
Hi Mark :D , I have sent you some info on Burrows via the forum private message service, look at the top of this page for new messages and get back to me, regards Stuart. :tarah:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Mark and welcome!

A couple of examples of what you might find - a Clement & Whales Greyhound Stadium and a Boland's White City I picked up last year - needing work, but particularly appealing because it's the full doggie version complete with White City castings and greyhound graphics on the single reel: Mick the Miller, Juvenile Classic, Belle La Moon, Clems Oliver etc.
Attachments
greyhoundstadium.jpg
whitecity.jpg
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Wonderful machines, right up my street so to speak! Never seen the Greyhound Stadium before! Love the White City!, many thanks for the photos.
Kind Regards Mark.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

And a 1956 electro-mechanical German Moulin Rouge roulette game by Hanno.
Attachments
moulin.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Mark if your still keep an eye on the site there are a couple of Greyhound themes machines on ebay right now, although they are electromechanical, but the Top Dog looks nice and compact if not a litte bit of a "dog" !SMARTY!

TOP DOG
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-GREYHOUND-CO ... 19baa18f87

BALLY
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BALLY-GREYHOUND-D ... 414db6d9a0
Attachments
top-dog.jpg
bally-dog.jpg
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Many Thanks tree-frog, I am going to have a look on good old ebay right now!
All the best Mark.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Another machine
Attachments
aaa.jpg
Devonslots

Post by Devonslots »

Those big Newmarket racing are just what we are seeking to enlarge our arcade at Dingles Fairground Heirtage Centre in Devon.
Multi player inter active machines.
Have not seen many on ebay recenly.
If anyone has big machines to sell we are always interested.
One of our volunteers has just loaned a 1936 Pintable.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Attachments
greyhounds-1.jpg
greyhounds-2.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

tree-frog wrote:A machine I was so tempted with that was on Ebay before Xmas, but it was in Glasgow, was a Derby Racer "Racing at Newmarket". The machines playing mechanism had been covered up, but was all there and included famous rider like Leister Piggott. Looked great and I cannot believe sold for £99 :shock:

Perhaps bigger than you would like, but classic slot
I have only just noticed this is back for sale in Glascow. No bids, no reserve and and starting at £100 and 14 hours to go. This has got to be a deal for a great looking arcade game. I would love this if I had the space, perhaps Dingles needs this as stated !!THUMBSX2!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT