Jackpot unit, Sega to Mills

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Jackpot unit, Sega to Mills

Post by coppinpr »

As I've said before, I'm quite new to slots, having been a pinball man in the past, so please excuse my questions if they seem obvious. This one is a simple one: I have a Mills High Top that someone has nicked the jackpot unit from. I also have a Sega Diamond Star with a jackpot unit. It looks very much like it will transfer straight to the Mills. Will it? !PUZZLED!
Thanks,
Paul..........
treefrog

Re: Jackpot unit, Sega to Mills

Post by treefrog »

Hi Paul,

The answer is 'yes' it should fit, but as per the other thread in the last two days on the same topic JACKPOT THREAD, you may need to also check you have the other bits needed, e.g. jackpot trip above the slides, the jackpot reset, next to the slides and lastly the top slide needing the jackpot pin. Also is the jackpot glass there? These are very thick. If not, you can make one using two pieces of glass to achieve the thickness.
The main thing that varies on jackpots are the coin chute sizes, depending on the coin size. Another thing people forget about is the screws holding it in should have a soft washer, usually felt.

If you need piccies, just ask......
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I do have ALL the bits, the online Mills workshop manual mentioned in my other thread Online manuals is indeed a godsend, photos of each part laid out separate from the machine and detailed fitting instructions; a whole section on cleaning and operating the jackpot. When the jackpot was taken from my Mills, the jackpot activation pin was removed, leaving a hole. Do I need to take the jackpot slide with the new pin from the Sega and swop with the old Mills one, or can the pin be removed and added to the old slide? The work book suggests not fitting the payout tube detection unit for the jackpot if the machine is for home use as it can be a pain as it gets old. Do you agree?
Thanks for the help,
Paul.......
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The top slide will be interchangeable, assuming they are the same coin, but it wouldn't do any harm to remove them all first and settle the replacement on top just to ensure everything lines up.

I can't see why you'd want to go to all of the trouble of changing bits over in an attempt to restore it to original function and then not activate the jackpot .... go for it!! :didact:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The bit I'm thinking of leaving out is only the payout tube detection unit: three parts that insure the payout tube stays at least half full. Although they seem to only exist on jackpot machines, they do not effect the working of the jackpot. Is the jackpot activation pin removable from the slide or fixed?
Paul.......
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Ah! I see, you were writing in perfectly formed English, whilst I was reading in total gibberish. Hence your question made perfect sense whilst as usual I in return completely misunderstood and gave an answer a that confirms to the world that even if I were to work in sewerage farm, I'd still get hold of the wrong end of the stick.
:NBG:

Having reread your question I can now answer without fear of contraception that I haven't a clue, as I have never come across such a beast as a payout tube detection unit, except on electro mech machines. !!SUICIDAL!!

So I'll go away now ..... errr .... goodbye.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Thanks for all the help, I know very little about slots (as yet) and all replies to my posts are useful to me, .....even if it's just to find out there is a small part of a Mills High Top you were previously unaware of. !OMFG! LOL
coppinpr

Re: jackpot unit, Sega to mills

Post by coppinpr »

And just to prove they exist... here they are in all their obscure glory.........
pay20001.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Oh that bit! ..... I've always called that figure 7.92 ;-)
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Badpenny wrote:Oh that bit! ..... I've always called that figure 7.92 ;-)
Good recovery! **xXx**