Help with a Duomat

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Re: Duo-mat, new roulette wheel paper

Post by coppinpr »

Has anyone got photos of the two instruction cards for the Duo, English and/or German versions? Just the wording would be fine.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Done a good job there, bet the process was painstaking?!?! Any reason why you chose solid colours on some of the numbers rather than the original white background?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I was in two minds about that and can easily change it. It just seems to me the English stick-over numbers look so bleak. True, the German ones have white backgrounds but fill the spaces better. I might try a version where, like the German numbers, the colors of the numbers vary red and black.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Deja Vu ....

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2800 (Topic now merged - site admin)

Whilst attempting to shift my treasures out of Coventry I came across the remains of a Duomat, not much of the mech, but the two wheels and numbers are there. I have to go back in a few weeks. If anybody is interested I'll make sure it goes in the van.

Otherwise ..............
toibs

Post by toibs »

If there's anything else over there bandit-wise that you have left over, I'd quite happily make the trip again :)
Good to meet you sir :)

Paul.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Help with a Duomat

Post by badpenny »

You're welcome, glad the pinball went to a good caring home. I was astonished it fired up after sitting static for over two years.

You probably saw the Jennings Governor in the corner, all there but totally shite chrome, would benefit from de-plating and polishing up. On the floor there was a Mills Extraordinaire (or however it's spelt) in pieces. Both were taken in part chop and I guess I just never had the interest in them.
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Anyone interested in selling a Duomat? Been after one for about 2 years!lol
Mark.
raj

Post by raj »

there is one in the auction this sunday at Leamington, it looks quite nice, although it is supposed to have been in a Scottish barn for years.
XXX o'mats do not like the cold and damp, :!: so if it does not work, and payout, I would walk away!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

perana5000 wrote:Anyone interested in selling a Duomat? Been after one for about 2 years!lol
Mark.
Hi Mark, you could try putting a wanted add in the Pennymachines Market !!JUNK!!
perana5000

Post by perana5000 »

Yes tried about 5 times to place my add, but it appears technology has failed me or I failed it! lol.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I like these, but as Raj has suggested you need to be careful as with many of the German Wall machines, some of the components are not the most robust and faults of these will be be more difficult to address to due spares. Beromats are slightly less of an issue due to the numbers out there. Through the summer I saw a Duomat for sale over a 4 month period at antiques fairs and on my first viewing he wanted £280 for it, but it did not work and on investigation, one of the actuator bars has snapped. A unwary buyer would have had issues with this. I offered £150 on each occasion I saw it, but no deal, the lowest he would go to was £200....so I walked away...
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Slotalot wrote:Hi Mark, you could try putting a wanted add in the Pennymachines Market
perana5000 wrote:Yes tried about 5 times to place my add, but it appears technology has failed me or I failed it! lol.
Mark, before you put an add in you need to register, if you have registered and still have problems I am sure Mr Pennymachines could help you.