Grotchen "21"

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Grotchen "21"

Post by coppinpr »

my latest project ,a Grotchen "21" trade stim, is out of intensive care and in the recovery room, a little polish and a rub down with the 'sporting life' and he will be good to go!
the only machine i've ever seen where the mech is fixed into the frame, you have to remove the front casting and back door to work on the mech. AND its showing a winning combination, on this model ,VERY rare.

front 21.jpg

side 21a.jpg

21 inside.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Grotchen "21"

Post by badpenny »

Very nice coppinpr.
I do have a soft spot for Trade Stims.

Currently I'm down to six.
jra

Post by jra »

Badpenny,
If you have a soft spot for trade stimulators then I must have an obsession, currently my collectin is one hundred plus at the last count
two of which are Grotchen "21 "s The mech fitted to the side of the case is not unusual in trade stimulators but it makes them a bit awkward to work on at times. On another subject i see someone says prices are down on machines in the UK, You should see the US, prices there seem to have shot UP in the last two or tree months. I have just been outbid on a Mills Kounter King that wnt for $760 = £482 add to that the postage and import duty it makes it @ £642 a rather expensive machine, what do you think? I also went for a crappy Peo Baseball machine but was told by the vender the reserve
was $ 500 so gave it a miss. Anyone any comments on prices ? I like to hear them ( it keeps me up to date ) Thanks.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Nice machine. What coinage is it on?
Mine's on 1d, but works just as well on new 2 pence.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

its on 1d, i could get the gum balls working if i could see a photo of the setup
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

From your pictures looks like you are missing a fair bit of the gum ball mech... I had to purchase bits from the US to get mine working.
I'll take a picture later and post it, if I can work out how to do it.

Dave