Question about Mills token payout

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
marktol

Question about Mills token payout

Post by marktol »

Hi all,

I've seen for sale a Mills Hi Top with a token payout. All the machines with token I've seen have the token dispenser attached to the inside of the cabinet. For some reason this one seems to have it attached to the mech itself instead.

Is this normal/right? Were there different ways of attaching the token dispenser? This machine doesn't have a JP, so it sits in the place of that.

I've not managed to find much in the way of pictures on google but did manage to find a similar machine which had the token dispenser attached to the side of the cabinet, not the mech.

Appreciate your views?

Mark
treefrog

Re: Question about Mills token payout

Post by treefrog »

I have a number of variations....

E.g., Mills Token Bells - the token vendor is not attached to the casting, but attached to the mechanism angled "boomerang" shape down to the payout tray.

I have a Hi Top with the payout tube like you see on some Segas and solenoid payout, this being one of the British conversions, "Little Devil" type.

Not sure I can easily get pictures as not to hand. I assume the one you have seen is a tube token vendor type, triggered off the slides?
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Hi Mark,
Weren't we discussing this elswhere the other day?
Yes, the earlier half tops - Roman Head, Castle Front, Bursting Cherry then Extraordinary token vendors were inside the case.
They changed to the taller, cranked style on the front of the mech with the High Tops - Melon, Token (Lady Front) and 777 'Special Award'.
All perfectly kosha..
andy
marktol

Post by marktol »

Thanks,

It all looked plausable but it seems very uncommon to see machines with token payout in the UK and all the others I'd seen beforehand had the vendor mounted on the side of the cabinet.

I shall bid away with confidence...
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Hi,
"uncommon", if it's the cranked token vendor, is good then - not many about.
Without pics or even model, I can't really comment.
a.p