Buckley Halftop "on the mend"

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Buckley Halftop "on the mend"

Post by coppinpr »

The ruined Buckley haltop I bought on ebay about a month ago is nearly finished now and Im really pleased with it, The chrome was so bad it was flaking off and the award bib and handle were red with rust.
As most of these seem to have polished metal rather than chrome fixtures I decided to remove all the chrome and polish the metal, this worked perfectly. The handle I thought id rub down and paint but to my suprise the chrome was of a much better quality and actually cleaned up very well, as did the payout bib although I did have to re-paint every part of it.
The distinctive Buckley Jack pot glass was missing so I used a set of decals I bought very cheap from Mrslot and a blank glass to make an exact copy, sprayed the back with glitter paint (which works very well but dosent show up in the photo) and its as good as new.
It didnt have an escalator so Im putting a shaffers one in till I can get something better, Id like a Buckley escalator but I guess it will have to be a mills (at coventry I hope)
The mech is near perfect and pays the correct amounts so I just have to replace the handle (when I can find the chrome boss it sits in (in the worshop somewhere !PUZZLED! ) repair the front edges of the base and paint and fit the coin denominator and its done.

start.jpg

case finished.jpg

jp plate.jpg

thepennyarcade

Re: Buckley Halftop "on the mend"

Post by thepennyarcade »

Can you send me pictures of the mechanism?
Thanks
John
coppinpr

Re: Buckley Halftop "on the mend"

Post by coppinpr »

Can you send me pictures of the mechanism?
dose your machine have a mills mech or a Buckley mech? I can post photos of either