Roto-Pool, Roto-Fruit, Rotolite, Electrodart, Bingola, etc.

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
special when lit

Re: Roto-Pool, Roto-Fruit, Rotolite, Electrodart, Bingola, etc.

Post by special when lit »

I'd take it on, if it was a bit closer.
brigham

Post by brigham »

special when lit wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:07 pm I'd take it on, if it was a bit closer.
It's closer to you, by three miles, than it is to me.
(82 against 85).
I'll not complain if you outbid me. £41 will do it.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Well, I thankfully got outbid!
A good rule is 'don't bid until you've studied ALL of the pictures'. It looked quite good in the first two.
Is the new owner on here? Perhaps it isn't totally hopeless after all.
I bought the TELSTAR instead. Further report coming once I've opened the box.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

brigham wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:45 am I bought the TELSTAR instead. Further report coming once I've opened the box.
Ha ha excellent !!THUMBSX2!! Let’s see if you have any luck getting it going.....
brigham

Post by brigham »

The TELSTAR is now up-and-running.
It wasn't a major job, once I'd got started. More of a re-commission than a restoration.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

brigham wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:01 pm The TELSTAR is now up-and-running.
It wasn't a major job, once I'd got started. More of a re-commission than a restoration.
Hey well done, I have a van load of Jamiesons machines on their way to you ;-)
oneswitch500

Post by oneswitch500 »

This is quite an old bump, but wondering if this from eBay might be a (bulky) solution for failed bi-metallic thermal switches on Jamieson machines, such as Electro Dart. Seems there's quite a few Jamieson's machines that could be brought back to full-life with a fix for the start-up and pay-out/bell relays.

Search eBay on "AC12-380V±10% DC12-48V 50/60Hz Din Rail Time Relay Power On Delay Timer". This is the blurb:

"1. High-end time-controlled chip, precise timing and durability
2. Time relay TH-206 uses advanced large scale integrated circuit
3. Beautiful appearance, exquisite and compact
4. Wide delay range, high accuracy and reliable operation
5. Low power consumption, long life, large contact capacity and easy installation
6. Suitable for all types of automated control systems.

Specification:

Item Type: Relay
Model: TH-206
Voltage: AC12-380V±10% DC12-48V 50/60Hz
Delay Range: 0.1s~99h
Number of Contacts: Delay 2 conversion SPDT (2)
Time Accuracy: ±0.05%
Repeat Error: <0.5%+20ms
Contact Capacity: AC250V DC30V 8A
Action Form: Power-on delay release delay
Scope of Application: Mechanical equipment"

brigham wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 pm If you can't get the original thermal-type delay, you could use a Time Delay Relay from here:

Ebay seller " 365bestseller ".

Search for 'Time Delay Relay'. They are made in Japan, and the timing is variable. They come in numerous coil voltages and delay ranges. I've used loads of them.
coin_op_drummer

Bingola, Jamieson Automatics, part missing

Post by coin_op_drummer »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

I won this machine at auction a while back. After quite a lot of work it now appears to be fully working with one exception. On the electrical panel next to the relays there is a blank space with two screw holes and two wires that have been cut. Having traced, drawn and analysed the circuit the missing device would appear to activate briefly only upon a win (oscilloscope confirms that on a win there is a single 600 millisecond pulse of 24V). My suspicion is that this would have been a bell that gave a single strike on a win. Can anyone confirm what it was?
Attachments
Bingola.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bingola, Jamieson Automatics, part missing

Post by pennymachines »

coin_op_drummer wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:32 pm My suspicion is that this would have been a bell that gave a single strike on a win.

I think so... Check out earlier posts in the topic now merged above.
Also: Jamieson Roto-Pool Manuals with wiring diagram
coin_op_drummer

Re: Bingola, Jamieson Automatics, part missing

Post by coin_op_drummer »

Excellent, thanks for your help.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

This just popped up on one of the Facebook groups.
Wonder who copied who?
Attachments
131642177_10217084162087723_5018686554984134417_n.jpg
electrodart-glass.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Very interesting........given darts is more popular in U.K., I would assume clipped from Jamieson’s
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Jamieson's were surprisingly big on selling abroad and exhibited at several trade shows in the USA including Atlanta (just down the road from South Carolina ) they also made regular sales trips to New Jersey so their machines were quite well known in the US, perhaps they simply sold the design under licence?

At first glance, the glass looks different from the Jamieson but in fact, it's exactly the same, just squeezed and stretched in places and with different text.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Unlike Jamieson's wall-mounted Electrodart, the Star Amusement Company of Columbia's Hi Lo is a trade stimulator. As such, it has no automatic payout and appears to be a counter-top game, similar to other products the company made.
Attachments
Stars.jpg
Potless

Post by Potless »

I have a Roto-Pool in for repair (the 2D-4D-6D payout version), and have got it working again by re-soldering some bad joints, cleaning all the contacts and switches, replacing bulbs and cleaning the sockets, etc. It now works well, with one exception - the payouts are rather strange.

I get payouts for some weird display combinations, e.g, 1-2-1 pays 2p, 2-1-1 pays 2p, 1-1-2 pays 2p for example. I suspect that the display lamps are showing one or two lights ahead (or is it behind?) the correct sequence.

The thing that makes it strange is the fact that some payouts are perfectly fine, e.g. 1-2-X, X-1-2, or X-X-X at the top of the display.

Could this mean that the display uniselector needs adjusting, and if so, which adjustment is needed?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

These machines are fixed pay out, not random. When you put a coin into the machine the left hand uni steps forwards 1 place. At this point the machine knows if it is going to be a win or a lose game. When you press the start button, the right hand uni rotates; when you take your finger off the button the right hand uni runs on slightly looking for the next pre programmed stop contact, be it win or lose. This happens so fast you don't see the over run happening. I think the right hand uni is missing some of the stop contacts and running past the pre programmed stop point. I would be looking again at the condition of the right hand uni wipers and pads. :!?!:
Potless

Post by Potless »

Ah - interesting point, I will check it out - thanks.
Potless

Post by Potless »

aa.jpg

After much cleaning and some re-soldering of bad joints, I now have the Roto-Pool machine working well - BUT, one thing has stopped me crossing the finishing line - a blue wire has broken off the right-hand uniselector, and I have absolutely no idea where it should connect to (see photo). The wire is connected to the blue wires that are linked together on the 2nd set of contacts in (the first set of contacts you can see has not been used). The only problem it has caused is a failure of the display lamps to advance one position after payout.

There do not seem to be any obvious points on the solder tags where traces of stranded wire can be seen to have broken off.

My model pays 2d, 4d and 6d, but the standard diagram shows payouts of 3d, 6d and 12d, and the wiring of the RH uniselector seems to be totally different.

If anyone can throw some light onto the problem, I would be very grateful!

P.S. The wire is not long enough to reach the left-hand uniselector, so it must attach somewhere to its right.
Attachments
ba.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

this is only a visual observation made from looking at just that one photo, but it would seem the other blue wires act as links between the solder tags, with this in mind I can see no blue wire connected to the very first tag (bottom left) yet the tag looks half empty as if its lost something ( if the original solder joint was a bit dry it may well have separated much later in life taking all the solder with it,and the length of the blue wire looks about right, as I said I'm no electrician and this is just a visual observation. :shock:
Potless

Post by Potless »

Hi coppinpr,
Thanks for your suggestion - I did try connecting the wire to that tag, but it made no difference - that's why the solder looks so fresh. Also, the blue wire, when connected to that tag, is very much longer than the other linking blue wires, which makes me think it belongs somewhere in the other direction (to the right).

Well, at least we can eliminate that tag from our enquiries!

I have added another photo, showing a different angle. The loose wire can be seen attached to the other linking blue wire, third tag up, second row in.

close-up.jpg