1960s Wolff Jupiter

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

1960s Wolff Jupiter

Post by coppinpr »

Many of you would have seen this machine at Coventry this year, which is where I bought it. It's a real gem!!
Works perfectly, only a little work to chipped gold paint and a clean to make the lights stand out better needed.
Dated 1961 ,when everything "space" related was the "in" thing it just oozes the '60s. Like the Rotary you can just see behind it has the extremely long run time I believe was the law in Germany at the time to give the player value for money. Getting a winner on it is secondary to just watching the three spheres rotate!!

Over 20 machines in the garden room now, hence the reason this one is on top of my beer fridge. :lol:

juipter.jpg

john t peterson

Re: 1960's Wolff Jupiter

Post by john t peterson »

Perfect location, Coppinpr. When the globes begin to spin on their own, you know you've had enough beer. :burp:

J Peterson
Spinning in the USA
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: 1960's Wolff Jupiter

Post by pennymachines »

I thought that was one of the best buys of the day - especially if it was as good on the inside as it looked on the outside.
The spinning sci-fi light-up globes are so much cooler than the old fruit reels.
glittering-prize67

Re: 1960s Wolff Jupiter

Post by glittering-prize67 »

The paint on that looks like one I restored years ago with brass and gold leaf finish, then laquered. If it is that one it would be clean as I stripped the lot, maybe 17 years ago. I sold it to Paul in Essex and he had it years. He did say he was moving it on, I think it is that one.