Gumball Vendors

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Gumball Vendors

Post by coppinpr »

In between bandits I've been doing a few vendors to sell on Ebay and have just finished these two.

The round globe one is, I think, quite unusual. It's made by Beaver but carries their parent company name Machine-O-Matic but was made at the Beaver factory in Canada. It's even stronger built than the usual Beaver with a metal case rather than the usual plastic one.

I did this one with a Harley Davidson 100th anniversary theme and the other Jack Daniels as these sell well. I don't make much on them really but I have a lot of fun finding, sizing and printing the logos to be honest.
Attachments
jd2.jpg
jd1.jpg
harley2.jpg
harley1.jpg
treefrog

Re: Gumball Vendors

Post by treefrog »

Gum balls are not my thing, but I have been meaning to ask what jack Daniels, Harley Davidson, texeco etc etc has to do with gum.......are there oil and whiskey flavoured gum balls out there....must be a yank thing. !!USA!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Although not so much today it was very common to see gum ball machines on the counters of bars/diners with drink adverts on and gas station counters with oil and gas adverts on in the 50's and 60's.These were the days when you had to actually go into the gas station to pay. At that time the gumballs were(as they often are today) non discript items with no trade name of their own.

p.s. Im always happy for you to edit my posts,like everyone else I make mistakes, however changing "Jack Daniel's" to "Jack Daniels" is wrong ,his name was Jack Daniel and his whiskey was,and still is labelled as "Jack Daniel's" :lol:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

My excuse is I bought a iPad Air and the bloody thing changes everything I write, so of course is totally not my fault......my punctuation tis perfekt
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Not you that changed my post tf - didn't mean to say it was.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

iPad Air????? ....... Trainers?
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Manly-man Yanks can drink their Jack Daniels straight from the bottle without swallowing their gum, or more likely, their "chew." That's smokeless tobacco for the uninitiated. :!?!:

J Peterson
Smokeless for the USA
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote:Not you that changed my post tf
I'm the grammar Nazi here and was bound to be hoist with my own petard sooner or later. Of course, it's "Jack Daniel's whiskey", so it needs an apostrophe. !DOH!
Question is - should I now edit JP and TF's posts to put apostrophes in? !PUZZLED!

Sometimes I edit posts for clarity and can't resist dotting teas and crossing eyes (or should that be t'other way 'round?) :!?!:
I edited your post to remove the inline image attachments. These are useful when you want to place an image beside a particular bit of text, but pictures display better on the page without.

Note to Treefrog while I'm on - when you post a video, just paste the full address, without URL tags, and it should embed automatically.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

their "chew." That's smokeless tobacco for the uninitiated
I can remember going to NASCAR races in Georgia and North Carolina when the NASCAR series was sponsored by R.J. Renolds corp and they used to give free cigarettes and chewing tobacco samples to everyone as you went in, regardless of age!! Having never been a tobacco user all forms leave me cold but the worsted has to be the tea bag shaped tobacco filled thing you place under your tongue or inside your cheek! un imaginable SkEpTiCaL

chaw.jpg

john t peterson

Note to Mr. PM:

Down South here, we don't have no dang use for those little squiggly thingyes you proper folk like to point out to us just to make us look soopid. We kin do that jus fine all by ourselfs, thankee very mooch. :burp:

J Peterson
Northern by birth, Southern by accident
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I ran that through the Brummie Translator to get the gist of what you were saying John. Came out as:
Dowl suthe eya, we doy yav naaa damn use fer those lickle squiggly things yaouw proper folk loike ter point ert ter us just ter mek us luke noggen yedded. We can does that just fine all by ourselves, ta bab well much.
!PUZZLED!
john t peterson

That's exactly what I said!! :didact:

J Peterson
American Prince of Grammar
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

John, am I right in thinking this bus stop is close to you?

john t peterson

That's me in the little fore and aft cap. Clint Eastwood learned all he knows about acting from me. :cool:

J Peterson
Hollywood Cool