American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
malcymal

Re: The ROMA has Landed

Postby malcymal » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Sorted coin mech, put new spring on. Now releasing coin when handle pulled. Old one was too rigid, so not enough give for coin.

willborl

Postby willborl » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm

In my experience the handle should fly back up and not slowly move back up. If it is slowly moving up I think that the air pump inside (not sure of the correct name) has been tightened too much. This releases the air slowly and the handle will move slowly upwards.
Hope this helps.

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Thanks Will, it is flying up. Now posted youtube vid.

Front of machine 1:-

Look around machine

Internal of machine

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:07 pm

slotalot wrote:Hi Malcymal :D , Nice One!... it looks as if it was reworked by the same firm that did the Bronx that Pennymachines posted last week :cool: .. I used to have a standard Beromat type machine and I let it go because it looked dull... but I can tell you that I wish I had this one instead... I think it looks quite good, and is in keeping with the 1960s style of machine, I also think that if it works ok the word bargain springs to mind... well done. :tarah:

Sorry guys, I'm not ignoring you. I am currently in hospital and have been for about 2 weeks. I get a couple of hours leave each day and check my favourite sites as and when I can.

Stuart .... Are you talking about The Beromat I bought from you?

I do like the English conversions and am particularly fond of the R&W ones with the bowed translucent front. You can always speed the cycle up a bit, usually you'll find the governor weights are wired shut. Harold should be stepping in at this moment to confirm/deny.

I feel it's a bit sad when a Beromat or one the versions with a re-spin or brake delay is converted as they lose that addition then. These are really super options that never appeared on other bandits. I have a Primus which has the following: -
* Restart the first reel after it's stopped.
* Payout lock-down if the machine is thumped, which resets on next play.
* Free play on win line that let's you .... errrr .. have a free go.

And all the above without using a spark of electrickery ..... fantastic!

If any of you guys need bits I've got three mechs to scrap ..... but be patient as I'm still only visiting from hospital. :sick:

Even Worse Penny

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Badpenny wrote: Stuart .... Are you talking about The Beromat I bought from you?
Hi Jeremy :D ,
:oops: guilty as charged..... did I say dull?.... I ment err..err.. I seem to have changed direction lately and I now prefer the electro-mechanical machines....
Anyway... In Hospital....Shock...Horror.... I hope it's nothing serious and you make a speedy recovery.... Regards Stuart.
elektro.gif
elektro.gif (19.46 KiB) Viewed 2672 times

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Get well soon BP, we all miss you here!!! I hope the nurses are pert!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Get well soon BP, we all miss you here!!! I hope the nurses are pert!......................

I never met one that wasn't! :P

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Kenneth Cope in Carry on Matron springs to mind!
Nursey.jpg

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, some more fettling tonight with electrics. Had an old 8W X 2 choke in it that must have been 40 years old at least and shot to bits. We changed the wiring to two single circuits using 2 separate small chokes and kept it all as neat as possible so as not to disturb the look of the machine inside, keeping original bell wire. Plugged her in and got first circuit working, then finished off second. The Roma looks rather nice now and I can play her silky smooth quiet mech at night without waking anybody up.
romalights.jpg

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:39 pm

I WANT ONE :boing!: