Watling tool for cycling the mechanism when it is taken out of the cabinet

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Watling tool for cycling the mechanism when it is taken out of the cabinet

Post by badpenny »

At the end of the day if nobody wants to sell anything the whole thing is pointless anyway.

It's the same with live auctions if you don't stand up to be counted when it comes to submitting stuff there won't be any auctions.
The reason I raised the question is from a moderator point of view. What with Mr. P. residing in Bermuda and us mods in the cellar of Penny Machines Towers in the converted mill at Simmonite with the other 300 employees of Penny Machines it's sometimes trifficult to know what to do for the best.

I don't want to jump down the throat of newbies by pointing out the conditions and rules which they just signed up to.
So I'm suggesting "For Sales" go in the Market as do "I want a such and such".
However asking for assistance and "how do I make this fit?" "anybody got a spare .....?" is likely to help others in the future and should be in the body of the forum.

Now when I get around to it I'll break this bit of the thread off and start a separate one so OP can concentrate on his Pace workbench handle.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As mentioned the market has died this year, in fact perhaps general posts have slowed
I think this is very true and there is more than one reason this has happened plus its a cumulative effect (if there are no posts there will be no responses ) Volume of posts is always the life blood of any forum and always has been,if you get used to not seeing new posts every day you dont log on every day The forum no longer has that upto date,action every day feel to it, although I suspect some members like it that way. We lost two new members this last six months because the early response to there first question was negative. The first response to one newbes question about wanting to buy a particular type of machine was " well good luck with that mate" ..... I dont think he ever posted again.

The problem with the market,and its very lack of use sadly proves this, is people dont like selling/buying that way. The biggest lose to us is the stranger who has no long term interest in the hobby contacting us with a small collection,a machine hes found in the attic or one that was left to him by his dad and asking if any one want to buy, he gets told straight away you must put it in the market,usually we never here from them again and we lose the chance to save another machine(unless a member contacts them direct,once again avoiding the market)
ls14garlo

Post by ls14garlo »

As most of you know, over the last 4 months or so this forum and the good folks on it has helped me out several times !WORSHIPFULL! . Unfortunately I have been forced to sell two of the machines that I've had so much help with,the Cashcendo and the Cop A Lot, I more than tripled my investment in them but I had a look at selling on the market and it just seemed too much hassle so I sold elsewhere.
There is probably a sound argument to open up the market perhaps, I think most people will usually just settle for the ease of access. I don't know :!?!: how the forum works or why the market seems less accessible but that's just my thoughts.....One plus from it all, I can use a bit of that profit to spend a little more on the Bonanza Star!! !!THUMBSX2!!