Bell Fruit Cascade

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
terry

Re: Bell Fruit Cascade

Post by terry »

Yeah, he's got a couple of machines on ebay at the moment. A Whales allwin and a nice Peerless viewer!
jonathans257

Looking for Cascade payout cup

Post by jonathans257 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Help needed looking for a smallish payout cup to suit a Bell Fruit Cascade. Googled and googled and googled - only come up with a company in Pysons Road, Broadstairs. Can't find a supplier online.
treefrog

Re: looking for payout cup

Post by treefrog »

If you mean the whole plastic insert that fits into the front of the Cascade, you would only be lucky if someone has a breaker, which maybe possible as I remember someone selling a front without trips etc. You could always make something out of sheet metal to fit as I doubt you would find an alternative....Also stick a wanted in the Market, you never know
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

What sort of payout cup? I have one I've been saving for a project, but I tend to make my own. If I do sell, it won't be cheap as it cost me a lot - rare as rocking horse crap. Mine is similar to an allwin type but square.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Cascade payout cup

Post by pennymachines »

That's one part you could make on a 3D printer.
raj

Post by raj »

should be an easy DIY job, the front is 3'' square, the front hole is 1.5 ''wide & 1/3 8ths high.
Scrap plastic sheet or ply would do & use bent thin metal for the rear cup. You'll wait forever for anyone breaking a Cascade.
If you happen to buy the overpriced coin kicker arm often on ebay, it will probably need quite a bit of hard polishing on a wheel before it slides freely in the existing slide, I have found. Again, an easy DIY job to make one with a vice and pillar drill.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've just found a post I put on 8 years ago. I wish I still had that machine, I seem to remember I was buying them for £60 and selling at collectors' fairs for £85 :dammit:

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:51 am
I have a Cascade, which I stored away in perfect condition for a couple of years. Then when I went to get it I found that it had been moved and was no longer upright (damn fairies tidying up again) Consequently all the coins were everywhere except in their chutes, as a bonus it seemed that whilst re-arranging themselves they'd managed to dislodge two of the trips.
Naturally they were nowhere to be seen. 1np's everywhere but two trips gone!
As it had to come apart I took the opportunity to place one of the remaining trips in my wallet, and a few months later at a collector's fair I found a chromed key ring fob which when I compared it the trip in my wallet was the same thickness.

Using the trip as a pattern I outlined the shape onto the fob, and manfully approached my bench grinder.
After an afternoon of stunning dexterity, I had managed to create two perfect trips, get through a box of plasters, spray blood up the walls and lose the tips of two fingers.
I defy anyone to identify them as not original and have the personal satisfaction of not having to worry about picking my nose in public.
BP
jingle

Post by jingle »

I have loads of payout cups
There not these tho
There the square type
That glitter mentioned,
Let me know if this will do
Jingle
jonathans257

Post by jonathans257 »

treefrog wrote:If you mean the whole plastic insert that fits into the front of the Cascade, you would only be lucky if someone has a breaker, which may be possible as I remember someone selling a front without trips etc. You could always make something out of sheet metal to fit as I doubt you would find an alternative....Also stick a wanted in the Market, you never know
OK, thanks for your help.
glittering-prize67 wrote:What sort of payout cup? I have one I've been saving for a project, but I tend to make my own. If I do sell, it won't be cheap as it cost me a lot - rare as rocking horse crap. Mine is similar to an allwin type but square.
Thanks, I'm going to make one in stainless steel then I can buff it up and I won't have to get it chromed.
pennymachines wrote:That's one part you could make on a 3D printer.
Thanks, I watched your video on 3d printers very impressive.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Well don't keep it a secret - let's see the finished product when you have made it. :D
widget2k4

penny cascade glass decals

Post by widget2k4 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

I just got myself a penny Cascade and wondered if anyone had any info on the best way to put the paint back onto the glass where its missing, mainly where it says 'Bonus' where the bonus coins are collected.
Also, any tips for stopping the coins getting stuck from the striker just before entering the play field?
I know it's got to come apart as the bonus lever is on the wrong way 'round. Are there any tips on taking it apart and getting it back together?
Attachments
2014-05-25 01.18.27.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: penny cascade glass decals

Post by badpenny »

Wotcha' ......

There have recently been a thread or two explaining how to remove and replace the playfield without throwing all of the trips to the four winds. Try a Search.
My preferred method involves suspending the case field uppermost across the backs of two dining chairs then lying on my back underneath. However I recall Paul came up with a more dignified way which doesn't require blindfolding the parrot first nor making sure the vicar isn't calling in for tea.

Jammed coins probably refers to the constant problem of steel coins being thicker?
widget2k4

Re: penny cascade glass decals

Post by widget2k4 »

I found the one with you saying about the chairs but couldn't find another way. I will have another look.

The coins that are jamming are old non steel coins? They work sometimes then other times jam up and I have to remove the flicker mech to get them unjammed. It's very frustrating. :dammit:
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

ok got that all sorted and even found a way to get all coins working :) new or old without any jams. (bonus)
when i had it apart i noticed 3 pins at the top similar to what the trips go onto, not realizing what they were for i put it all back together, but now i realized the pins are stopping the coins reaching the big win hole, are these original or have they been added to stop people winning ?
they look original
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

i have now easily put in over a 1000 1p's into this machine and yet to get one in the very far left column ? is this normal and you have to manually fill the end column ? also hit the big win only once.
i am tempted to remove the 3 pins but feel they are meant to be in there ?
raj

Post by raj »

it sounds like the coin kicker may be slightly sticking in the slide, or perhaps it is not the original, or has been slightly shortened. It needs to be a loose fit, with no burrs to catch in the slide, so that it travels it's full length before hitting the coin.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

i think the kicker is fine as it flies the coins over to the left side but they just bounce back without going into the column, they hit the 3 pins thats hidden behind the cascade writing
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Every Cascade I've had has always reached the furthest column.
It sounds as if an operator has fiddled with it.

I don't have one now, so can't compare, but I'd guess those pins are added.

BP
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

think it has to come to bits again then and remove them :(
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Agree with BP, there should be no pins... The left column should be easy, as over tapping always ends up on the left hand side.