Jamieson Mini Golf/Bowl/Match, Royal Flush, Bingo etc.

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
lebowski

Re: G'day from Brisbane

Post by lebowski »

Where were they usually sited? They feel like they would do well in a pub.
lebowski

Jamieson Mini Golf, Mini Bowl, Mini Match etc.

Post by lebowski »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Picked up a Jamieson Mini Golf off a local arcade forum. Not what I usually look for but I think it will a great addition to the games room. The cabinet is in a bad state with a water damaged base, most of which is not visible so will be able to replace the back and lower panel without having to match the laminex.

Checked the transformer before powering up. Put a 10c coin through the slot and that reset the solenoids and tested the swicthes. All worked as it should just needed to replace the tube in the marquee light. It missing a solenoid assembly, balls and the lamps for the golfer.

So what type of solenoids that are used as I have not come across them? I'll be able to fabricate the assembly but the solenoid will be the hard part.

Also what type and size of balls where used?

Cheers

Pete
Attachments
DSC07527.JPG
DSC07525.JPG
DSC07523.JPG
DSC07522.JPG
DSC07521.JPG
DSC07520.JPG
DSC07519.JPG
DSC07517.JPG
DSC07516.JPG
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Lebowski, I can only remember them as a kid at the one week a year Perth Royal Show in several arcades. I don't remember ever seeing any in pubs, though I'm sure they were there too. Even though I was a kid in the '70s I actually spent a lot of time in pubs with my father where he either operated or was trying to site machines. At one point in the early 1970s my father had almost 100 billiard tables sited in Perth! I especially liked exploring around the old circa 1900 city hotels he often operated in. None of which ever had elevators, so when I started working for the family full time a little later those fun hotels became a nightmare, taking 6 x heavy slate topped 1960's billiard tables down tiny winding stairwells! We never operated any of the Jamieson's ourselves just rebuilt and sold to operators and then collectors. I bet they did well in specific sites suited to the themes, bowling game in bowling alleys, golf at golf club etc. And milk bars and arcades always took this stuff.
lebowski

Re: Jamieson Mini Golf

Post by lebowski »

So the missing solenoid was made by Benson Brothers, I have ordered a similar one that should be able to fit without any alteration to the game.

Also would anyone know how many balls where in the game as well the size?

Cheers
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

You might find this history of the company interesting. It shows the other machines in the Mini Golf series.

http://www.penny-arcade.info/the-jamissons-collection
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Thanks coppinpr, it has a great history of Jamiesons. That site and this forum popped up in my initial searches about Jamieson's, but after looking through the posts I realise that this era of machine is not the focus here.

It been interesting reading about the old slots, as in Australia it's illegal to own them. And on the local forums its frowned upon posting anything about them.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Don't get this site wrong, we are interested in ALL slots and vending machines prior to 1980, especially British made ones and we do have quite a few members from down under.
keggen1975

Jamiesons Mini Bowl

Post by keggen1975 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi,

I have bought a Mini Bowl ball game, produced by Jamiesons Automatics Ltd. Sadly it has some issues, but the price were pretty reasonable and I felt sorry for the old chap, so we made a deal and I took it home...

At first, the shooter mechanism is gone. I really need a replacement, or better, any instructions how to make a new in aluminium?

Second, the two-digits numerical display is some kind of mystic to me. At the time of powering up, it is always set at zero. As the ball is shot out, it passes through one of the nine gates, and activates an extra switch by the ball release solenoid. The display will now be lit with a random value, not for countdown or anything? Anyway, next time the ball passes the same switch, a new value is present. Still no movement or anything amazing happens. At the third time, the display always goes to zero again.

The solenoid is by the way always open, the ball is never blocked. So I can play continously till all nine gates are hit, the game ends and it pays out seven coins. At this point, the solenoid shuts and blocks the ball for further play. This is not how its gonna be?

That is the story of this one, it has the potential to be a great attachment to my two other Jamiesons Mini Bingo machines (one vertfall wall-mounted, one tilted floor cabinet).

Anybody out there with comments, hints, knowledge or better, please do not hesitate to leave it here :)

Some pics of my beauty !!THUMBSX2!!
Attachments
DSC_0004a.jpg
DSC_0005a.jpg
DSC_0006a.jpg
DSC_0008a.jpg
DSC_0011a.jpg
DSC_0012a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jamiesons Mini Bowl

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME: to the site keggen1975!

These Jamieson non-payout games are fun to play it seems, but look a bit of a handful to fix (at least to those like me, ill-versed in the black arts of electrickery).

We have little scraps of information on them scattered throughout the site so I'm going to round it all up and shove it into this newly titled topic, in the hope of making it more useful and to encourage further contributions. Fortunately, we do have Jamieson Royal flush and similar wiring diagrams

Royal Flush Flyer
Attachments
Super - Match
Super - Match
Skill Poker
Skill Poker
Royal Flush
Royal Flush
keggen1975

Re: Jamieson Mini Golf/Bowl/Match, Royal Flush etc.

Post by keggen1975 »

Thanx, appreciate it a lot !!YIPPEE!!

My two other Jamiesons Mini Bingo machines, plus my Jackpot 2000 3-reel payout and Scandomatic MAXI IV flip-a-coin (I am told this is also made by Jamiesons!) Please note the old London bus with its appeal from mid '70s, also made in Great Britain. Tally ho, chin-chin :cool:
Attachments
DSC_0022a.jpg
DSC_0018a.jpg
DSC_0015a.jpg
DSC_0016a.jpg
keggen1975

Post by keggen1975 »

Thank you for the information and diagrams, seems that most of it is correctly wired. Only thing is that display and the circuit board for it, also that countdown function. It still makes my head ache... :dammit:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

A month ago we had a request for a wiring diagram for the Jamieson Maxi from a compatriot of yours. Maybe you can help him out if he's struggling with a fault?

I've not seen a Maxi in the UK, but there are at least two in Norway it seems... !PUZZLED!

Jamieson Automatics Maxi flyer
Bingo & Mini Bingo flyers
keggen1975

Re: Jamieson Mini Golf/Bowl/Match, Royal Flush, Bingo etc.

Post by keggen1975 »

No problem, I can help with photos as I don't have any diagrams or charts. Posted on the thread !SMARTY!
cait001

Post by cait001 »

One day I'll find one of these machines in North America... one day!
martinb

Post by martinb »

This week I received my first Jamieson machine - a Bingo floor model. The seller told me nothing worked, he didn't lie... I also see there will be lots of cosmetic work. The glass print is in Norwegian. Luckily the wiring plan is here, so I can understand how it should be working. :)
Attachments
20200218_230125a.jpg
20200220_155039a.jpg
20200220_155249a.jpg
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Oh man that thing is so quaint and simple compared to American bingo machines. Just adorable.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

does anyone know how common the Jamieson Mini-Match is? I've been looking for a German Super-Match by NSM, but if Jamieson Mini-Match is basically the exact same game, I'll look for one of those too.
The German ones are rather common, but only in Germany. ;)
cait001

Post by cait001 »

found a Mini-Match! When it arrives I'll have to see how closely the Super-Match schematics lines up with it.

Anyone have any further technical documentation on the Jamieson Mini-Match?
cait001

Post by cait001 »

I picked up my Mini-Match project!
Does anyone have any spare parts they'd sell me? I'm looking for any of the solenoids, please!! Even if you have none to spare, if you've worked on one before I'd love any of your technical notes, coil windings info, etc.
Does the shooter normally have a rubber on the tip? Or is it supposed to be just bare metal? (there is a photo inside of a Mini-Golf that seems to just show it as bare metal, but I'd like further confirmation)

So let's get this straight, Super Match was made late 60s by NSM, right? Or was it Apparatebau Heinz Melchers in 1967? Or are they the same company???

When did Jamieson start producing their versions for the UK? Mini-Match, Cuptie, Mini-Golf?
then at some point Jamieson started licensing their version to Kadeco for import to North America, with a 110/120 V model (Mini-Match)

I have the North American version, it seems. It has the "10c - 1 play" on the backglass.
20210410_163643.jpg

There is also a Russian version that seems to be late 70s / early 80s because it has multi-segment displays...
and a German gum vender version called "Play Ball"...
darkmoor

Post by darkmoor »

I've got myself a Mini-Match fix-up-project.
I miss the kickerspring - any one with at good picture of the spring? if I would be able to find a similar...