Regina Beromat Restoration

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Re: Regina Beromat Restoration

Post by treefrog »

I would double check before cutting anything, as tolerances are fine on payouts on these machines and, if strips are correct to pay discs, it may be an adjustment needed on the pay rod, as I've had similar issues many times myself... Only saying, as far more difficult to put metal back on. :HaHa:
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

I got out my file and about an hour later, the machine now pays out correctly. Fortunately there was another 2d payout slot on the cam so I could copy the depth from that one.

Thought perhaps the purists would scream in horror at the idea of modifying the Regina bandit. It's still a great puzzle why this was not machined in from the start.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm sure there are purists that would scream in horror, whether they are the same enthusiasts that would even look at a Günther Wulff machine is another issue. I started collecting slots when decimalisation came in, and my pulse still leaps whenever I think I've spotted anything with a coin slot.
Just because I love them doesn't mean everyone does, let alone give one house room of course.
As for why, I'd imagine a change of reel strips at some point has resulted in someone thinking they'd got the right one, when in fact they'd nearly got the right one.
BP
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

Badpenny
I see you are a philosopher and a sensible chap too. Your comment about the reel strips reminded me that I found a paper number 6 loose in the cabinet. If this had been pasted on top of the number 2 on the strip then this would explain why there was no payout for this position. Someone had decided that the payout was too much or maybe this was a manufacturer's option.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'd be in agreement with you on all levels I reckon.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a GW bandit that hasn't had some kind of "twiddling" with the peaks and troughs of delight and misery that form the pay out discs.

Even if yours were proven to be a 60 year old virgin and had faithfully returned everything she'd ever promised since leaving the factory, you've hardly rocked the world's economy by adding another 2 coin pay out. They're all pretty mean when it comes to sharing around the happiness anyway.

BP :didact:
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

Interestingly (well I find it interesting anyway) eliminating the 'bar bar 2' payout reduces the percentage winnings from 60.2% to 47.6% Somebody really was being mean and I have put a little more joy into this queen. :lol: