i need help - allwins

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
dcs

i need help - allwins

Post by dcs »

hi'

i want to build allwins

i don't find plans inside the machine and i don't now how it is work inside.

please help me.

where i can get a plans for allwins machine

thanks

david

Admin note: Email address removed to prevent Spam.
Attachments
tencup1.jpg
tencup1.jpg (12.99 KiB) Viewed 13124 times
JC

Post by JC »

Hello David

I'm afraid your chances of finding drawings to construct an allwin are pretty slim, in fact probably zero! The allwin was never patented (normally the patents office is a good starting point for obtaining construction details and drawings) and to the best of my knowledge there are no surviving works drawings from the many manufacturers who built allwins over the six or seven decades of the machines popularity.
Many of the later manufacturers of the 40s and 50s onward, merely copied earlier machines, using exactly the same internal parts, and probably never worked to proper engineering drawings.
You don't say why you want to build an allwin? If it's just 'for the hell of it' (and why not)? you really have no choice but to copy another machine, although I think you'll find the cost of producing 'one off parts' prohibitive.

Anyway, good luck with your project!

Jerry :D
dcs

Jerry hello

Post by dcs »

Jerry hi

did you know how the part that give the money work ?

I'm don't understand how it's work ?

When I insert the ball to the hole (1 , 2 or 4 ), I turn the button and then the money out .

How the part that give the money "know" to give me 2 coin and not 4 coin ?

How the mechanical this part work ? you know if there is explanation or drawing detailed about this part ?

I'm want to build this proj' for learn and fun

Thanks for your help

david
Attachments
SUNBURST ALLWIN.jpg
SUNBURST ALLWIN.jpg (20.45 KiB) Viewed 13070 times
dsc03601.jpg
dsc03601.jpg (60.45 KiB) Viewed 13069 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

David ...... if you visit Melvyn Wright's site http://www.melright.com/bryans/ (you will also find a link there from the archive section of this site over on the left of this page) You will find photos of the insides of allwins.

You'll need to peer carefully, but keep in mind that the winning ball depresses levers that then raise catches which in turn allow the nob to be turned, and you should work it out. The more coins won equals more levers to be depressed in turn.

Have a look, you may get the answers you're searching for.
Good Luck
Badpenny :***
dcs

Post by dcs »

Badpenny hello

I know the site and the pic but still I don't understand how it's work.
If I would know somebody wite allwins 1 ball - it to be easy to understand the machine.

The picture hide the important process that I need to understand the operation.

Do you know how it's work ? do you can draw the idea of this part ?

I desperate - if I have more option to find infotmation about this machine?

Thanks for your help

david
Attachments
Copy of tencup2.jpg
Copy of tencup2.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 13049 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You are lucky, the problem that most of us have is the metal bits are missing, and we all we have left is the back of the wooden door with outlines of the missing bits stained onto it!

Trying to explain how it operates by mail is like describing over the phone how to drive a car, when the other person has only seen the headlights and number plate.
Suggest you either: -
* Buy one £400 - £500 learn from it and sell it on
* Buy one of the splendid reproductions from Nostalgic Machines much cheaper, then do same.
* Tell us where you live and hope somebody nearby offers to let you visit and have a look
* Wait until somebody else comes along with a better vocabulary than me who can get across in under hundreds of words a meaningful explanation.

Best Of Luck

Badpenny :tarah:
dcs

Post by dcs »

Badpenny hello

i live in the middle east .

thank you for your halp

probably i wait maybe someone know.

and again thank you

david
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Hi David,
maybe this will help you. Using the latest picture of the mechanism you posted on the forum, this is how the mechanism works.

On the right of the picture is a bar which runs vertically almost the whole length of the back of the machine. At the bottom of this vertical bar is a link to the payout handle on the front of the machine. Also linked to the vertical bar around the same area is a horizontal bar which is linked to the payout slide on the left.

1. Payout action
When a ball enters a winning hole, you can turn the payout handle and this causes the vertical bar to move. This action moves the payout slide (which is connected to the vertical bar by a bar), so that it pushes a coin into the payout cup on the front. HOWEVER, until a ball enters a winning hole, a horizontal bar at the centre of the vertical bar (see 2. below), prevents a player from turning the payout handle to get a payout.That deals with the method of payout.

2.Allowing a payout
The other important part of the payout operation is the horizontal bar connected to the vertical bar just below the centre of the vertical bar. This horizontal bar is the part which controls WHEN a payout of a coin can be made. In the normal resting position this bar is at a slight angle and dips down on the right hand end so it rests on a casting (and this stops the player from being able to turn the payout handle to move the vertical rod and get a payout). When a ball enters a winning hole, the ball rests on the left end of the horizontal bar. The weight of the ball on this end of the horizontal bar causes it to tilt down to the left. This clears the bar from the casting on the right upon which it normally rests. This frees the vertical rod now allows the player to turn the payout handle so that the vertical bar can move freely as described in 1. above.

I hope this goes some way to clearing things up. However, I am sure someone else can explain it simpler (so hope someone out there feels inclined to have a go!). If this helps and you want any part cleared up; just ask
dcs

Post by dcs »

coin up

it's helper - but i have idea.

i give number for all part in the pic - and then maybe it was clear.

thank you

i will back with other guestion
dcs

Post by dcs »

COIN OP

DID YOU CAN to explain by the number ?

thank you
Attachments
ALLWINS22.png
ALLWINS22.png (243.47 KiB) Viewed 13033 times
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

I will try and explain.

Vertical bar 3 is linked by 10 to the payout handle. However, bar 8 by being against 7 stops the payout handle from moving bar 3.

When a ball enters a winning cup it falls into area 11 and rests upon bar 4. Bar 4 then tilts and the vertical rod connected from 4 to 8, causes 8 to be lifted. When this happens 8 is now clear of 7 . So, by turning the payout handle 9, which is linked by 10 to 3, this causes 3 to move to the right and then back to the left. When this happens, the slide (a flat steel plate under 14), linked by 13 to 3 moves firstly to the right to allow a coin to drop from the coin hopper 14 to sit next to the slide. Then, as the payout handle is turned further around, 3 moves back to the left to cause the slide linked by 13 to push the coin into the payout cup.

Apologies for my first explanation. I was going from memory as to the mechanism of these machines and the example you have pictured is slightly different from most.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

A message to Coin-Op, that was a sterling effort, perhaps you can explain one for me please.

Why is it that when I put "pairs of socks" x 3 into washing machine door ( 5 :eek: ) and then press button ( 7 :shock: ) I (4 :???: ) after removing washing (9 :-x ) only ever get back a total of 5 socks.
Is this the correct return for this machine?
Badpenny
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

I think it has something do to with the law of diminishing returns. Funnily enough, same rule applies to playing slot machines, as I never seem to get back quite what I have put in :eek:
dcs

Post by dcs »

Hi coin op

I begin to understand the machine - but , there are more question.

1. how the machine know to payout 1 or 2 or 4 coin ? how the part 4 know that the ball inside to hole 1 or 2 or 4 ?

2. how work part 13,14,15 ? how the part build in order that the part don"t payout more coin it necessary ?

3. do you know drawing detailed payout and pay-in from machine that work like the allwins?

4. whice allwins you
know ? do you have pic inside the machine ?

Thank you for help
david
Attachments
ALLWINS22.png
ALLWINS22.png (243.47 KiB) Viewed 8509 times
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

You guys are great! David, the first advice you received was the best. Buy an allwin and take it apart. All your answers await there.
dcs

Post by dcs »

if i buy i don't build

all the target it's to build, learn and to save . . .

thanks
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Hi David,
I will to try and answer your questions in turn. However, I think as you start to understand one part, you will find that this raises more questions as to how other actions in the machine occur. So, before I answer the specific questions you raised, here is a basic description of how you commence the game.

''A'' A ball is held in a space by a rod which blocks its path from rolling into the playfield. When a coin is deposited,the coin slides down a path and on its way briefly knocks the rod so that the rod is briefly moved out of the way of the ball. The ball can then fall into the playfield area. The way this part of the mechanism works is as follows. A horizontal bar is pivoted in the centre so that when a coin falls down the coin knocks the bar and causes the bar to tilt. The other end of the bar is linked to the rod which blocks the path of the ball; when the bar is tilted the rod then moves up to allow the ball to pass.

Dealing with your questions
1.Not all machines paid out more than one coin. To pay out one coin you have a slide which is the same thickness as the coin which you wish to pay out (presumably this is the type of coin used to play the machine]. To pay out two or more coins you can make the coin slide the same thickness as the number of coins you wish to pay out.

Basically, the way the coin slide works is simply to push out the coins from the stack of coins held in part (14)

How does the machine know that the ball has entered a particular hole. Basically, any ball falling into a winning hole is channeled into part (11) so that it rests upon the bar (4). As mentioned in earlier postings '' Bar 4 then tilts and the vertical rod connected from 4 to (eight) 8, causes (eight) 8 to be lifted. When this happens (eight) 8 is now clear of 7 .'' Any ball falling into a losing hole is channeled into another area of part 11 and held ready to be dispensed for play when a new coin is inserted. So, when entering a losing hole, the ball does not tilt bar (4) and so the payout handle remains prevented from paying out any coins.

2 Part 13 is a rod connected to a thin, flat metal slide (this is the coin slide). The coin slide is the same thickness as the number of coins which the machine is to pay out.

Part 14 is the coin hopper. The vertical tube on it holds the coins put into the machine to obtain a game. When a win is made, by turning the payout handle 9, which is linked by 10 to the coin slide, this causes the coin slide to move to the right AND SO A SPACE IS OPENED TO LET COINS EQUAL TO THE THICKNESS OF THE COIN SLIDE DROP DOWN ONTO THE PLATE ON WHICH THE COIN SLIDE AND PART 14 REST. When the coin slide moves back it then pushes the coins which have dropped down into a channel (part 15) so that they fall into the payout cup.

The machine cannot payout more coins than won because, when the payout handle is turned, and the bar (3) moves to the right, the ball resting on (4) is pushed off (4). Therefore, when the bar (3) returns to the right, bar (4) is again tilted down to the right (in its rest position) and so bar (eight) 8 again becomes stopped against (7). This now pevents any further payouts.

Note when the ball is pushed off bar 4 it falls into the same space where the ball would rest if it had fallen into a losing hole. [See A above; a ball always eventually ends up in this position so that a new game can be made.]

3. I do not know of any suitable drawings. Maybe with some time I can help on this.

4.What exactly do you want to get from such pictures. You already have the mechanism picture you posted. However, I would add that the machine you have posted is one of the more complicated allwin machines. Generally a standard more simple mechanism can work equally as well. Maybe someone could help out (whilst I have a rest) and post an oliver whales mech pic [my uploading skills arn't too good :-? ]
13rebel

Re: i need help - allwins

Post by 13rebel »

Hi all,
I'm quite a newby to allwins [owning just one but pining for more] and to this site and have spent ages going through the various posts - the allwin video site is particularly good, thank-you, but the best has to be; forum/build a slot machine/i need help-allwins[dcs]. This had me crying with laughter as poor coin op tried so hard with the explanations as to how an allwin works [thanks for that - it certainly helped me] and still dcs came back with more questions - surely a wind up? Then Badpenny puts in his two pennyworth about the socks and had me creased up! I've read it a number of times and each time it has me laughing, so on the grounds of this, I've got fitted up with an anorak - I hope this meets with the required criteria for one.
Wishing everyone a merry Xmas and may Santa bring you your favourite machine - I've written my letter and had better get started on sweeping the chimney. Rebel 13
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first post!

We hope to hear more from you in the new year

Badpenny
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

There were a couple of sequels to this fascinating thread: Nostalgic Machines - allwins and I need help to specify construction.