Auction madness downunder!

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
gameswat

Auction madness downunder!

Post by gameswat »

Well this price realised on Sunday is just stunning.........hammer price of $26,000 aud + $4290 premium (16.5%) = $30,290!!!!! Note the description "CAME FROM A PUB IN FITZROY IN THE 70'S HAS BEEN IN IANS PRIVATE COLLECTION SINCE." Except that's impossible since this is the Benchmark electronic reproduction made in 2003............. :HaHa: :o :!?!: !PUZZLED! !OMFG! Victoria is currently in a major lockdown so no viewing in person beforehand and an online auction only. I can't help thinking the buyer will be very disappointed when this arrives. :cry:

https://hibid.com/lot/70714463/10-strik ... ef=catalog
Attachments
benchmark 1.jpg
livinginthepast

Re: Auction madness downunder!

Post by livinginthepast »

I think the seller will be very disappointed when the purchaser claims his money back from the auction house if this has been wrongly described. Sounds fraudulent to me.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

The auction underbidder should be issuing a huge sigh of relief. Missed a bullet on that one. !SHOOT!

J Peterson
Getting ready to make America great again after our current disaster.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

istockphoto-469618054-1024x1024.jpg

roger

Post by roger »

One might suspect that the buyer had been hitting the bottle that Sunday......however, at that price
there had to be a number of underbids. !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED!
santelmann

Post by santelmann »

Is there a reason that the manufacturer is not specified in the auction description :lol: :lol:

Nice digital displays :HaHa:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

A lot of the pieces in the auction were reproductions dating last 30 years, not many coin-ops of any kind but tons of other pieces. And prices were ridiculously high on nearly everything. The thinking is a bad case of Covid Lockdown Syndrome. Lately I've noticed quite a few people spending big on toys to take their minds off the issues. And most Aussies have been unable to travel for 6 months so pent up need to burn excess cash I guess. Thing is even if the buyer thought they were getting a 1957 Williams original machine in this nice a condition, the price should still have been half this much. And that would be full retail from a high end dealer in mint restored condition with warranty!