eBay bargains, maybe

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

eBay bargains, maybe

Post by treefrog »

Interesting with high prices for some items, there are still bargains popping up on eBay if you're quick or maybe keen......

Firstly a nice old Skittles machine on eBay needing a bit of restoration sold the other day for £60

A7C2E684-B3C1-4223-86C7-50B8A8BFA9CD.jpeg

Then a Jubilee with jackpot yesterday for £76

C50C72E8-E553-4A35-A417-88F489E62EA7.jpeg

Then the crazy pair of Mills War Eagles in Devon left in a leaky shed for 40 years.... :HaHa: and needing a little tender care. Missing doors, hoods and one had a rotten pace mechanism in it. Having made mistakes a few times now on garden slots and realising there is a point they cannot be recovered, someone was keen at £181

4034D007-C328-473F-9EF1-4F2CF8F9A8F9.jpeg

9030ACE4-75DE-45A2-8682-A600AF028721.jpeg

422E73D0-1332-43AA-B89F-C3769E08FE0A.jpeg

coppinpr

Re: eBay bargains, maybe

Post by coppinpr »

I wish I'd seen that skittles machine, one of the cleverest machines made by Jamiesons - simple, deceiving and addictive.

Don't look for allwins on ebay expecting a bargain. I had a lady contact me through my website yesterday looking for an allwin for her husband for xmas. I offered her a "Win a Spangles" at top price because I didn't really want to sell... She grabbed it at once!! Made me think, so I looked on ebay and people are asking £1,300 for allwins at the moment. No wonder she snapped it up!
paul

Post by paul »

HI ALL,
I have had a couple of skittle machines over the years, TIP THE SKITTLE and SKITTLE LOLLY, more or less the same. The one I had in the small Cheddar arcade was a great favourite with everyone. I would recommend these for any arcade…
slotibartfast

Post by slotibartfast »

coppinpr wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:39 pm Don't look for allwins on ebay expecting a bargain. I had a lady contact me through my website yesterday looking for an allwin for her husband for xmas. I offered her a "Win a Spangles" at top price because I didn't really want to sell... She grabbed it at once!! Made me think, so I looked on ebay and people are asking £1,300 for allwins at the moment. No wonder she snapped it up!
Hi. What is your website address please? There are a lot of allwins going on Ebay north of £1K over the last few months, but not many seem to be selling at that price. A fair few seem to be very overpriced for the model in an average condition. I guess if you don’t ask you don’t get.
!PUZZLED!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

slotibartfast wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:22 pmHi. What is your website address please?
www.penny-arcade.info
brigham

Post by brigham »

There's an upcycled 'Cromputer Win' on at the moment, at the usual absurdly-inflated price.

I wonder if any still survive in workable condition?

(Was 'Ice Cold Beer' a variant of this?)
Attachments
Cromp2a.jpg
Cromp1a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I played a Cromputer Win in an arcade (now gone) near Penarth Pier, Wales. The game was post-decimal of course. It would have been huge otherwise. :!:
Lucky Strike appears to be one variant.

Cromputer.jpg

I see Cromptons Leisure Machines Ltd. launched a new version in 2004
Attachments
CW-8852.jpg
CW-8852.jpg (8.74 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
cait001

Post by cait001 »

brigham wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:00 am There's an upcycled 'Cromputer Win' on at the moment, at the usual absurdly-inflated price.
That Cromputer Win was a bit of a head-scratcher!
What year are machines like that from? all I could find was "1970s". Anyone have video?

and no, Ice Cold Beer is has no connection, wildly different gameplay. It isn't a coin drop game. You use a joystick to control 2 motors, one on either side of the bar, to raise a ball up into winning holes.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Jim Crompton wrote:1972 brought the launch of the new penny play and 'tax free' Cromputer Win, which was described by more than one person at that year's Preview as being "a sure-fire winner." With its colourful orange and green cabinet, and dimensions of only 2'6" by 1'6" (taking up minimum floor space) it was excellent value for money.
Page 5, Inventing the Coin Pusher, Arena

Similar in format to the Tooty Fruity

brigham wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:00 am ...at the usual absurdly-inflated price.
Might seem slightly less absurd if it wasn't for:
It was floor mounted however we cut it down, removed all the inner workings and reduced its size so we could wall mount it.
!DOH!
brigham

Post by brigham »

The mentality of it defies belief.
Can you imagine doing same thing with a car, or a motorbike?
itsnot

Post by itsnot »

On ebay at the present is a Jennings Indian head bandit. Take a look at the bidding history and that the two top bidders retracted their bids. It's still doing well for a machine with a tray of what looks like marbles in the jackpot window?! l know very little about Jennings' machines, so there may have been a marble jackpot version?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It's grubby but the chrome doesn't look that bad, cash box, backdoor present. In the present market, if it's working, it's at about the right price (today). The Sun Chief design (although this one is a Club chief) seems more desirable than the Governor. I wouldn't pay that much but it doesn't surprise me.
bedbug1

Post by bedbug1 »

Hi
This is how far I’ve got with the better one of the two War Eagles from Devon. It’s kept me busy during lock down.
I’ve still got a bit to do and need your help. I have listed some of the parts I require in the wanted section. If anyone has any of these parts that they are willing to sell, let me know.
Cheers
Attachments
65DDE1D9-9DC0-415C-8674-07EF4C71EFDDa.jpg
8EECE9CC-390C-40BD-A950-5C281965E58Ca.jpg
F803FB0F-4F32-49D3-B76B-885AA2E22543a.jpg
C52D8770-B69E-4649-9E34-FF2917B98F40a.jpg
C17F84F5-0B6F-438E-91A7-D09115FC9389a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well Bedbug you have done an amazing job so far and castings look great given condition. Are they the original reel tins and handle?

One part that will be a challenge as I know of two other U.K. collectors who have in the past been chasing for rear hoods for War Eagles. I have a half top spare, but wrong shape.

Now Dave Berten in the US has been doing reproduction castings for a while. What I don’t know is if they will match an original front, but he would advise. He also sells repro doors with the imprinted back and other parts. I see your cabinet is new and looks good. Was they made here, or from the US? There is a source of reproduction back doors with flat backs in U.K., often in eBay.

Oh just to add, Squires and Corrie have an original hood for $375 :burp: so shipped would be a lotta dough... They hold parts for many machines, some put online 10 years ago hoping the right person comes along http://squiresandcorrie.com/shop/produc ... ts_id=2443

!!THUMBSX2!!
bedbug1

Post by bedbug1 »

Hi Treefrog
Glad you like what I’ve got done so far. The handle, as far as I can tell, is an older reproduction, and the reel tins I acquired off a spare mechanism I had. The cabinet was made by my dad's friend. I think he’s done a marvellous job of making it, as I dropped off what looked like a pile of woodworm-filled firewood.
I have spoken to a few people in the US with no luck yet with a hood. Hopefully, I’ll acquire one before I retire. Got a good 30 years before that happens. 😁
Cheers
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

WOW, that's some transformation!
Well done.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Fantastic! Your dad's friend is to be commended for that cabinet work. !!THUMBSX2!!