Games Inc King Tap

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
siggy101

Games Inc King Tap

Post by siggy101 »

Hi all, just joined and was wondering if anyone has a drawing or any info on a Games Inc King Tap I just got.
It works OK, but looking at it I think it has been modified in the past to just work on new penny. There seems to be some redundant bonus units inside.
Any info would be a great help.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Games Inc King Tap

Post by pennymachines »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
I suspect you've already seen this... It does show some of the workings.
A manual for King Tap is available here: http://www.extraball.co.uk/fez/oldmanuals.php

See also:
http://www.coin.demon.co.uk/iow.htm
http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/a ... eac4ea78a9
http://www.keysauctions.co.uk/results.p ... =&st=&p=34
tojo3005

king tap machine

Post by tojo3005 »

Topic merged - Site Admin

I was at my dad's the other day and noticed his slot machine, a Games Inc. (USA) "King Tap" Electric Fruit Machine, 60 or token play, circa 1960s, 24 1/2" wide, 54" tall.
I decided to look into it a bit further.
Can anyone tell me about it?
Is it worth much etc. It's in great cond and still working.
grabber

Re: king tap machine

Post by grabber »

Can you post a picture? If it's an American game, try John Papa at Jukebox Exchange.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Tojo3005 ......... Welcome to the Forum. Most of the members here will be interested in machines of that vintage, but most of us prefer purely mechanical slots and try to avoid electrical. However having said that there is also a a strong band of electro-mech collectors who may be able to give you answers.
You don't say where you are , which is likely to affect the value question so ... UK/USA/Europe?

Also is this the machine?

King Tap

If so it does look interesting, very different.

I'll bow out now and wait for those that have the expertise to arrive.

Badpenny
tojo3005

Post by tojo3005 »

badpenny wrote:You don't say where you are , which is likely to affect the value question so ... UK/USA/Europe?
Hi,
New to this, sorry.
I am in Scotland, central belt. That's the very one, it's a 1 penny game, the date on the back is 1967. I'll post a pic soon, it's on my phone and I can't get it on the computer. I'll take my camera next time.
Thanks for the replies.
jingle

Post by jingle »

I HAVE ONE OF THESE
IN NICE NIK
AND WORKING ON OLD PENNY,,
NEVER SEEN AN OLD PENNY ONE BEFORE

WHATS THE PICTURE YOU WANT
ITS IN THE CONSERVATORY
AND I CAN EASY GET AT IT
tojo3005

Post by tojo3005 »

Hey jingle,

is it worth much????
jingle

Post by jingle »

AM SURE ITS GOT TO BE 250 + FULLY WORKIN
THATS WHAT I WANT FOR MINE ANYWAY
CHEAP AS CHIPS
flashbk13

Post by flashbk13 »

Hi all,
This is Rick from Ontario, Cal. USA (about 50 miles east of Los Angeles). I am new to this group :D I just picked up a King Tap flasher for free and need to know where to get the manual and schematics for this. The link in this thread is no good. My machine sorta works, but I have not yet delved into it yet. The video in this thread is very good and will be a valuable tool to figure out how mine is supposed to work. I want to convert mine from New Penny to either US penny or nickle. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me, Rick :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Rick,
Welcome to pennymachines.co.uk!
That's a shame extraball.co.uk has gone. It was a good resource. A bit of detective work reveals the site was run by Grahame Simon Fairall who is now a director of Retrostar Fashions Ltd., Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, Gloucestershire, GL2 7BP, UK. A long shot, I know, but he might still have the manual.
flashbk13

Post by flashbk13 »

Thank you "Pennymachines" for Grahame's info. I did a Google search and eventually came up with the Park email addy, so I just emailed him. I'll let you know what he says if he replies. Thank you, Rick.
flashbk13

Post by flashbk13 »

Oh, I forgot to ask, what is "new penny"? The original poster of this thread stated he thinks his King Tap was modified to run on the new penny, so is mine (it came full of them and also some silver, slightly larger tokens for the right side tube. What are those for and when/ how do you get paid those? What was used before the new penny (most likely the old penny !PUZZLED! )? Will it be difficult to mod this to use our pennies (they are slightly smaller and thinner) or nickles? Thank you, Rick.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Your best bet might be to have a word with the fellow at http://www.swallowamusements.co.uk/ who made the youtube video: Free after sales technical help line. 07752 691474. Weekday office hours only. Contact Details.

He used to operate the game in the Playbox Arcade, Shanklin, Isle of Wight is on 1p/10p play. It was made in 1970, just prior to D-Day (Decimal Day) on February 15th 1971, when our current 20.32mm diameter new penny superseded our 31mm diameter old penny.
flashbk13

Post by flashbk13 »

Thank you for the info. I already tried Swallow Amusements (even before Grahame), they don't have the manual. The search is on! :smash:
flashbk13

Post by flashbk13 »

Hi all :D ,
I went thru the King Tap and when I powered it up, the lights are very dim, so this must be still set for 240v. Looking at the xformer primary taps, they are using 3 of them. they have a yellow (maybe white) wire from the loom going to the first tap labeled "start" which one half of the power cord also connects to, then a black wire from the loom connects to the 110v tap, then the other half of the power cord connects to the 240v tap (after going thru the power sw and the 6 amp fuse). So, do I just need to move the power cord wire from the 240v to the 110v tap (along with that blk wire)? Also, will I need to replace the power fuse (or all 3) with double the amp values? (the power is now 6amp, should it be 12 and so on)? Thank you, Rick.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Rick, :D any chance you could post some good clear photos of the transformer/wires etc?, so we can see just what you mean !!CHEERS!! I / we should hate to give you the wrong advice with it being an electrical question :frankie:
flashbk13

Post by flashbk13 »

Hi slotsalot and all :D I went ahead and just moved the wire from the 240v tap to the 110v tap that had the blk wire on it (it was fused, so I figured it would be safe). The lights are now normal and the relays and motors now work, although not properly (to be address in the next post). I uploaded the pics to photobucket (link below). They will be the first 7 pics (last being the bonus token). Can anyone tell me what token it is and what was it used for and how does one win it? Sorry that pic is blurry, too shiny to focus. There is no writing or numerals on it (either side), just leaves (not sure what they are called) like on a Ceaser coin).

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j212/ ... /pinballs/
Attachments
flash1.jpg
flash2.jpg
flash3.jpg
flash4.jpg
flash5.jpg
flash6.jpg
flash7.jpg
flashbk13

Post by flashbk13 »

Now to the problems !PUZZLED! The game won't start up when a coin is deposited. The coin relay does activate, but that's it. I have no idea of the sequence this has to go thru to be right (don't have the manual or schematics, would love to get copies, wink wink :D ). If I just poke around, the various sections do work (except the timer disc/wiper motor doesn't turn very well, but is getting power. I did clean everything and lube the best I can without taking these wiper units apart, but may have to on the timer. If I turn the timer by hand the various circuits seem to work, just not together :!?!: I did get the 3 wipers for the "reels" to start (IEE units work fine, otherwise would have to put this in the bin, can't easily replace those), but they never find a winning combination, just keep on running. So, this thing is confused. Can anyone here walk me thru the sequence of how one of these should work when the coin is dropped (in a general sense, unless someone here actually has a King Tap unit)? Be seeing you! Rick.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Rick, :D you have done just what I would have done with the transformer, I think it is safe to say that part is now fine & safe !THUMBS!
as to the rest I would have said clean and check all the relay contacts on the back door to make sure they are as they should be, normaly open, or normaly closed at rest !PUZZLED! but it looks like you are ahead of me on that one :!?!: .
I don't think I can be much more help without the machine in front of me, but I will give it some thought !!IDEA!! and if anything comes to mind I will be back :cool:
Good luck with the project, & keep us up to date with your progress. !!CHEERS!!