Bell Fruit Cascade

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
raj

Re: Bell Fruit Cascade

Post by raj »

Roll up, Roll up, here's another couple of bargains that should not be missed (not fleabay this time).
Should I applaud the sellers' for their optimism? :roll: or hit the GREED target (pinballers will know what I mean!).
http://www.slotmachinedepot.co.uk/
Cascade Coin Drop
Absolute stunning machine, fully working, quality woodwork. All trips working and present. Good clean condition.
£800
Retro 9 Cup Allwin
Repro from recent years, all works, nice clean condition.
£450
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Drop a "0" and he might be in 2013 :HaHa:
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

raj wrote:Retro 9 Cup Allwin
Repro from recent years, all works, nice clean condition.
£450
Seen a number of Nigel's Nostalgic machines for sale recently and their prices seem to be rising, I do wonder whether they will eventually gain a future place in the slot collector fraternity, many years hence.
coppinpr

Bell-Fruit Cascade... small question

Post by coppinpr »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

I've just bought this Cascade on ebay at a very low price, mostly due to the seller listing it on a one day sale(?). When I got it home, I was surprised to find that it is in almost perfect and original condition.
I decided to take it apart so I could clean the glass and the playfield and also release a couple of coins trapped near the coin entry. I've never had a machine like this, so, of course, I was a little surprised to find all the moving parts fall on the floor as soon as I removed the playfield... Next time I'll know they only rest in place against the glass. :oops: Anyway, no damage done and all the better for a clean but after the rebuild I THINK the bonus shoot is not set correctly. Before, it only paid when the far winner paid out, now it pays at other times, so I guess I've put the bonus parts back slightly wrong (wrong side of the pin??). Help please.
Attachments
bonus.jpg
finished 1.jpg
finished 2.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Bell-Fruit Cascade... small question

Post by badpenny »

Congratulations Paul and welcome to The ooh blast Club.
All new Cascade owners wear their badge proudly.

I guess you've now progressed to lying on the floor between two chairs with the case suspended above you while you hold the playfield in place with one hand, position the retaining bar across the back with another hand and screw on each of the the two nuts with the other hands. !PUZZLED!

Well guess what? You're going to have to do it all again :lol: ...... in order to turn the bonus trip around. You'll see the difference if you peer at the ledge on the top of the top bit, you'll see it's a bit wedged and not horizontal.

Jeremy
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bell-Fruit Cascade... small question

Post by pennymachines »

The cure is simple, although it does mean taking it all apart again - flip the upper bonus trip about the horizontal plane, so the subtle angled top faces the other way.

Edit to add: Jeremy beat me as usual. Never mind, I like a good beating from Jeremy. !SHSSS!
Attachments
Photoshop repair!
Photoshop repair!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

thanks boys, fixed it now, the angle on that piece is so tiny Id never have thought it made a difference but it does,
Actually I dont seem to have any trouble removing the playfield, now that I know its waiting to cascade all the moving parts onto the floor. By removing the coin feed tube then the kicker then the long bar and the two brackets I find I can remove and replace the play field quite easily without dislodging any of the parts. Its interesting that the brackets and bar need to be really quite tight to make the machine run at its best.
Im amazed at the condition of this machine, I know its not really old but the case is quite cheaply made and I expected some damage. All that was needed was a clean inside the glass and a couple of half inch re paints where the coins had hit the glass near the coin entry, then there was the usual arcade trade mark, white paint spatter on the top, so I did a light sand and re varnish the whole thing and it really is "as new". It even has it original lock and key and the original inspection card fixed on the inside case with its reg number. Not my usual thing but I really like it.
raj

Post by raj »

I notice that Henry Powell has a couple of Cascades in his display, (he is selling a very pricey Peerless Viewer) also a Jamisons Pusher, looking very like the one that made top dollar at Coventry :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

What I want to know is how he get the machines off the top shelf
Attachments
powells.JPG
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Comment removed. PM warning sent - Site Admin.
terry

Post by terry »

Yeah, he's got a couple of machines on ebay at the moment. A Whales allwin and a nice Peerless viewer!
jonathans257

Looking for Cascade payout cup

Post by jonathans257 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Help needed looking for a smallish payout cup to suit a Bell Fruit Cascade. Googled and googled and googled - only come up with a company in Pysons Road, Broadstairs. Can't find a supplier online.
treefrog

Re: looking for payout cup

Post by treefrog »

If you mean the whole plastic insert that fits into the front of the Cascade, you would only be lucky if someone has a breaker, which maybe possible as I remember someone selling a front without trips etc. You could always make something out of sheet metal to fit as I doubt you would find an alternative....Also stick a wanted in the Market, you never know
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

What sort of payout cup? I have one I've been saving for a project, but I tend to make my own. If I do sell, it won't be cheap as it cost me a lot - rare as rocking horse crap. Mine is similar to an allwin type but square.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Cascade payout cup

Post by pennymachines »

That's one part you could make on a 3D printer.
raj

Post by raj »

should be an easy DIY job, the front is 3'' square, the front hole is 1.5 ''wide & 1/3 8ths high.
Scrap plastic sheet or ply would do & use bent thin metal for the rear cup. You'll wait forever for anyone breaking a Cascade.
If you happen to buy the overpriced coin kicker arm often on ebay, it will probably need quite a bit of hard polishing on a wheel before it slides freely in the existing slide, I have found. Again, an easy DIY job to make one with a vice and pillar drill.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've just found a post I put on 8 years ago. I wish I still had that machine, I seem to remember I was buying them for £60 and selling at collectors' fairs for £85 :dammit:

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:51 am
I have a Cascade, which I stored away in perfect condition for a couple of years. Then when I went to get it I found that it had been moved and was no longer upright (damn fairies tidying up again) Consequently all the coins were everywhere except in their chutes, as a bonus it seemed that whilst re-arranging themselves they'd managed to dislodge two of the trips.
Naturally they were nowhere to be seen. 1np's everywhere but two trips gone!
As it had to come apart I took the opportunity to place one of the remaining trips in my wallet, and a few months later at a collector's fair I found a chromed key ring fob which when I compared it the trip in my wallet was the same thickness.

Using the trip as a pattern I outlined the shape onto the fob, and manfully approached my bench grinder.
After an afternoon of stunning dexterity, I had managed to create two perfect trips, get through a box of plasters, spray blood up the walls and lose the tips of two fingers.
I defy anyone to identify them as not original and have the personal satisfaction of not having to worry about picking my nose in public.
BP
jingle

Post by jingle »

I have loads of payout cups
There not these tho
There the square type
That glitter mentioned,
Let me know if this will do
Jingle
jonathans257

Post by jonathans257 »

treefrog wrote:If you mean the whole plastic insert that fits into the front of the Cascade, you would only be lucky if someone has a breaker, which may be possible as I remember someone selling a front without trips etc. You could always make something out of sheet metal to fit as I doubt you would find an alternative....Also stick a wanted in the Market, you never know
OK, thanks for your help.
glittering-prize67 wrote:What sort of payout cup? I have one I've been saving for a project, but I tend to make my own. If I do sell, it won't be cheap as it cost me a lot - rare as rocking horse crap. Mine is similar to an allwin type but square.
Thanks, I'm going to make one in stainless steel then I can buff it up and I won't have to get it chromed.
pennymachines wrote:That's one part you could make on a 3D printer.
Thanks, I watched your video on 3d printers very impressive.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Well don't keep it a secret - let's see the finished product when you have made it. :D