Duomat penny slot machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
mei-mei

Duomat penny slot machine

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, I am new to this site and I have just bought a Duo Mat which I know is not working properly. Does anyone out there have pics of the mechanism so that I can compare it to mine and see what is missing? Thanks so much.
coppinpr

Re: Duo Mat penny slot machine

Post by coppinpr »

I'll take some later today. What's it doing wrong? Can we see a photo of the machine (inside and out). Someone on here will tell you straight away if anything is missing (we love photos). :cool:
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thank you so much, I do not have the machine at the moment but it is being delivered in about a week. The seller has sent me some pics, but it's not clear and I have no idea how to upload them on this site? Thank you, Salli
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME: mei-mei!
mei-mei wrote:...I have no idea how to upload them on this site?
How to upload images

coppinpr

Re: Duomat penny slot machine

Post by coppinpr »

Here are some photos. Good job I needed to take them, I've just noticed (from the photos only) that I seem to have a coin jam in there :lol: and no, I didn't take the mech out to photo it - I found the last photo in my records. :cool:
Attachments
mech.jpg
inside4.jpg
inside3.jpg
inside2.jpg
inside1.jpg
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, pics very useful. I have had a message from the site, I think, showing me how to attach the photos, so hopefully they are at the bottom of this message!
Attachments
mach 2.jpg
mach 1.jpg
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Oooo I just remembered, would you recommend grease or oil for this rather sadly dry machine?
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

This is the ebay listing for this particular machine so you can see the pics of the front and case.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/penny-slot-ma ... 7675.l2557

Just in case you don't know mei-mei, your machine dates from 1956 - NOT the late 19th century as the seller implies.
Attachments
duomat-ebay.jpg
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Hi, yeah kinda guessed that it might be. He said he had found old victorian coins in it and had dated the machine by the date on them.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Can't see anything missing in the photos. Needs a good overhaul. Seems very cheap to me.

Very light oil, never grease. See this thread to see why :o Grease!
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

I did spot one thing, the coin slide that goes across the middle of the machine from left to right as you look at the pic, seems to be missing?
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

He he he. The thread re: grease very helpful and funny
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It looks good to me.
I don't know what you mean by missing chute. Looking from the back of the mech you can see the coin overflow chute which has been cut across from hole to hole in order to spread it. This was done during the conversion from pfennig to old penny. It's likely that's the origin of the coin jam, those conversions tend to be a tad problematic.

Unless there's any nasty hidden problems or ageing to the Monkey Metal I'd say you got a real bargain there.

Personally I wouldn't trust it to somebody else to deliver. I've bought 4 in my time and always collected them myself.
95% of the value is in the glass front. You'll never replace it, unless an expert in silk screen printing and mirroring decides to tool up, which I doubt is likely.

Best of luck and enjoy

BP
ps - coppinpr says oil and don't forget the gear bearings accessible via the back plate on the clock. Don't be tempted to remove the plastic cover and oil the cogs themselves, you're likely to drown it so it stops.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Appreciated thanks for the advice. I see what you mean about the coin slide, so the penny slide is at the bottom of the machine and the phenig slide in the middle, do I understand you correctly?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

No, BP was pointing out that when the machine was imported from Germany it was converted and the hopper and all the Pfennig payout slides were replaced with larger ones for the old penny. At the same time various channels and chutes also had to be opened up to take the larger coin.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks for clarifying that. So just because I'm having a blond moment (though I'm not blond !PUZZLED! ) does my machine have a penny shute or a phenig shute, cos the one in the pics sent to me has a shute at the bottom of the machine and one in the middle. Mine only seems to have a shute at the bottom? :dammit:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

your getting there,we have all tried to diagnose problems on machines before they arrive,its impossible. !PUZZLED!

It is true your machine has no middle chute but this is probably not a problem but part of the conversion . The conversion on mine utilised the original coin box(which you can see in one of my photos) so the coins going to the cash box needed to be sent across the back of the machine,this ment converting the chute,on yours I suspect that conversion company short cut the problem and took out the chute and let the cash box coins fall straight off the small slide you can see where the chute should start , because these have a wide case a cash box was most likely just placed under the slide and coins were allowed to drop into the box. By the time the coin reaches that point its no longer being used by the machine so it can just fall into a box. the benefit of this is you wont get a coin jam like I have in my photos :lol:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

BP, am I right in thinking the plastic cover is missing from the clock? if so might have caused a problem :o
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yes Paul, the cover is missing of OP's clock.
I was confused whose photos belonged to whom.

I'd recommend removing the clock and gently testing it to check its function.
If it is seized you don't really want the weight of the machine bearing on the cogs.

Once out of the danger of stress, should the clock be locked up or dragging then soak it for a day or two in "Plus Gas" or diesel, until it can be eased back into service.
They certainly benefit from being kept covered, so recycle a coleslaw pot or similar.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks guys, the fog is clearing here. I agree it would be better to diagnose when I have the machine in front of me. My skills in repairing machines is in its infancy :smash: so I will get back to you when I have given it a priliminary inspection. Love the idea of a plastic coleslaw pot for the cover, my kinda DIY.