285 members ..... Hello! where are you?

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

285 members ..... Hello! where are you?

Post by badpenny »

The list shows 285 members, the number of viewings against the posts confirms that there are a lot of you out there reading the threads, which is good, we hope you find them interesting and helpful. :cool:

However we don't hear from many of you. This hobby hasn't a massive following like angling or miniature thimble juggling It's obvious looking at the posts that we see the same names contributing most of the time. :-(

Come on, don't be shy, we need as much input as possible to keep this going. Don't be worried about not having much to say, I'm following this post with some others that most of us could add to, so please do ......... if only so we can check that you're all still sucking oxygen. :D

Badpenny
arrgee

Re: 285 members ..... Hello! where are you?

Post by arrgee »

Sign of the times Badpenny, inflation up, house prices down, disposable income being eroded, machine prices down, and in consequence people not having that 'feel-good' factor......... :-(

I'm sure it will come back, but when?........... no idea, but let's put things in perspective and be thankful that we are not living in Zimbabwe, or some other hell-hole !!

My wife and I have just hosted 2 girls from Belarus for one month, and yes they loved to play on my slot machines - never seen anything like it. But they both live just 10 miles from the Chernobyl exclusion zone, they will have a life expectancy of about 40 - ish years if they are lucky, owing to the contaminated soil which is still full of radiation and contaminants. One of the girls had to have a lot dental treatment while she was here and we learned that in Belarus they have fillings and extractions without anaesthetic !!

I now don't get as pissed off with my lot, as I sometimes used to.....................
rigg

Post by rigg »

I understand your frustration badpenny and will do my best to contribute to this forum as i have found it most interesting in the short time on-board.
I have a reasonable collection (can never have a large one or that would create selling pressure!) and i've learned a little along the way, but i'm not that practical in my ways and certainly not the perfectionist i'd like to be with these machines. So this site is brilliant for the knowledge it spills.
i am also part of a small internet forum that trades the stock market and it is very noticeable that the economy and state of the markets has taken its toll on the members contributions and enthusiasm to contributing to that forum. It does require a 'glass half full' mentality in these times, so i urge fellow members to add their two-bobs (how appropriate) worth. thanks for the site.
rbrewerton

Post by rbrewerton »

Hi there, it's me, one of the silent majority. Being fairly new to all this I didn't think I had anything
to contribute yet but plenty to read and learn about. Will try harder in future. I've amassed a small
collection of four allwins and am currently trying to work my way through my first bandit, but
finances dictate that I have to go to the cheap end of the market, the wrecks that need completely
restoring. But that's good, you have to start somewhere and if I ruin it it's not the end of the world.
I went to view the lots in the forthcoming Cameo auction today, plenty that I was interested in but
I expect it will go for serious money.
Glad you're there for advice when I need it. Richard.
paul

Post by paul »

:cry: Hi this is my first stab at a contribution on your site. I have lots of pics but can't seem to grasp how to do it. Sorry I am not very good at the computer. Don't think I shall bother again.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Welcome rbrewerton and Paul. Nice to hear from you.

We really want to see those pictures.
The main thing is to get the picture file size down so they're suitable to upload to the internet. Basically a modern digital camera produces high definition images that contain too much information to send down the wires - for email or internet. They tend to be a few Megabytes (MB) and need to be in the Kilobyte (KB) range.

You need to put your images through an image editor, resize them (to about 600 pixels wide) and save them in jpg format.
Sounds a bit tecky but really it's very simple. You don't need a complicated program like Photoshop - Paint that comes with Windows (in Accessories) will do it. Or you could download a free dedicated resizing progam like PIXresizer.

Once you have the images down to a reasonable size, it's easy to upload them when posting a message here. Use the Browse button in the message form (underneath "If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below") to locate an image on your computer. Then click Add the file. Do the same for further images and then you Submit your post - Viola!

And if something goes wrong you can either edit or delete you message and start again.
Attachments
Mystery Ping-Pong machine
Mystery Ping-Pong machine
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I'm here as ever and just made two posts in Questions and Answers. Hi everybody and start posting stuff, don't be bashful. I wouldn't have bought a second bandit if it wasn't for the advice of the gurus on here who got my confidence up with my first bandit, learned a lot, and found the second one a lot easier to work out. Malc