Rotamints

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Re: Rotamint Luxus

Post by treefrog »

The wiring diagram in resources is legible and were originally stuck to the doors of the machines... Got rid of mine a while back...

Rotamint Duett wiring diagram
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

jackie3896 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:50 pmI'm also guessing that this switch is normally closed, as are the other two, and open when the front button is pushed.
I can't get at my machine to check but I think you MIGHT be wrong there. I seem to remember that one switch is the opposite of the other two. Could be that the first switch stops the machine earlier than the standard run (which had to be offered as a long time (too long by German law), then the other two restart the second and third reels, but could be thinking of some other machine.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

20180509_154107.jpg

Here's a more detailed picture (from this Italian forum) with a better view behind the three switches.
(Use size toggle above image to enlarge).

All three switches appear to act as breaks on this model as seen here:

jackie3896

Post by jackie3896 »

Hi,

Thanks again for all the information.

I'm going to take a guess that there were changes made to the position of that right hand switch (as viewed from inside the back). I've now seen pictures of three different machines with the switch in a vertical position, flat against the back, as per the picture you have posted. Mine is very different. It is actuated in a very similar way to the other two switches - with a rod, spring and fibre washer. I did see a picture of one machine with the same set-up, but it was a very poor quality photo, so couldn't see any detail.

From my experience with Bally bingos there are numerous occasions where alterations were made during production runs and more often than not, without any documentation of the change. I have a feeling that it could be the same with the Rotamint. I will keep searching in the hope of finding something.

Thanks also for the schematic. That helps no end, as at least I should now be able to see what state the switches should be in at reset.

If you happen to find anything else, all information is good :0)

Thanks again.

Chris.
thomas911

Rotamint Rex

Post by thomas911 »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Hi all,
New to this side of slot machines, hoping for some much needed help.
So basically, I bought this machine, checked everything over and realized a lot of things were seized up; took out, cleaned and put back in, but for the love of me I can’t remember how the arm that leads up to the brake sits. Also, when switched on, the motor turns ever so slowly then I get a pop from the little boxes above the fuse box.
Attachments
8484ADA1-D1CE-4CA7-B8DA-C52031AF5ABa.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Rotamint Rex

Post by badpenny »

Disconnect the motor from its drive train and see if it spins happily then. If it does check how free the gearbox turns and the rest of the gubbins it powers.

A photo of the insides may assist in positioning your brake lever. Personally I've not had one of these for about 20 years, so my memory needs defragging.

BP !!JUNK!!
thomas911

Post by thomas911 »

Hi.
Thanks for your reply. There’s so many moving parts etc. etc., and I’m very cautious around the electrics haha. Is there anyone that repairs or even looks at this around the London area do you know? I’ll upload a few pictures, thanks.

I'm also trying to work out the coin it would use and would love for it to be up and running again just for a showpiece, but unsure on where to start. Thanks for the help and replies, much appreciated. +44 7522 970535 - that’s my number if easier to text WhatsApp for info and pics of the machine.
Attachments
DA1E568C-1631-4A18-A95E-19EF99F5D7Ca.jpg
F2E6E540-67FE-42CC-B2A2-BAA44CD2BB7a.jpg
360E8EF1-BEA1-491E-AB0A-7A64006520Da.jpg
C2A863D6-79A7-48AC-BAF9-5385EF18503a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The almost triangular plate at the top attaches to the same axle that turns the cams operating the switchgear. The other end of the bar hinges onto a curved probe fitted near the bottom where the coin sits on the microswitch. As the axle turns the bar lifts swinging the probe into the coin gate and dislodging the coin off the switch and into the chute that leads to the coin tube.

Have you tried disconnecting the motor yet to see if it's gutsy enough? The square box it's connected to is a gearbox with a reduction gearing. Take the lid off it may be full of dry grease which it's fighting.

BP :cool:
thomas911

Post by thomas911 »

Hi,
I did take the lid off and it’s empty of grease, and it did start to move by itself. The 3 relays type things behind the wheels that stop them from moving were moving very fast in and out, then it stops. Confused now. Do you know of anyone who repairs these around the London area at all?
Thanks for the reply and sorry for slow response - work and children take over. lol.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If your stop solenoids are hammering then you need to check the cleanliness of the reed switches.
They're mainly situated at the opposite end of the axle to the motor and gearbox. And on the gearbox itself.

Worth cleaning but don't bend any out of shape.

BP
thomas911

Post by thomas911 »

Thank you for your response, I’ll check it out tonight and get back to you. Do you also have a lot of knowledge around the old Bingolett slot machine, as I have that as well. Ideally be perfect to drop them off and pay to be repaired, but finding it hard to find anyone, as I’m no electrician lol... Basically with that one the game lights don’t start when you put a coin in, but if you manually push the contacts together at the top on the drive bar part, they come on... The first 6/7 contacts don’t seem to do anything, but the rest do, i.e. payout opens closes, lights, another relay and last one turns the main gear. Do you have a contact number at all? I could send you a video tonight explaining my issues thanks.

Thomas911
jackie3896

Post by jackie3896 »

Hi All,

A Happy Christmas to everybody out there in PennyMachineLand :0)

I have now just about finished the restoration of my Rotamint Luxus and all is working well, apart from the left hand button switch, of which I still haven't been able to find any decent photos of the original set-up of how the switch resets. I think I will have to mount it flat as shown in photos of various other Luxuses if nobody can come up with any other information.

During the restoration, the main problem I had was finding a schematic for the machine. There were wiring diagrams for the Rotamint Duett and also another which I couldn't find the name of, both of which were similar, but by no means the same. So if anyone is interested and wants help on a restoration, I have drawn a new wiring diagram for the Luxus. I have done it in a way that is similar to the other Rotamint diagrams that I found, but with much more context and hopefully a little clearer to understand. I have also done a Timing Diagram so that you can see what should be happening with the switches and when. I will try and post these onto this forum in the next couple of days when I've worked out how to do it.

Have a good holiday.

Chris.
jackie3896

Post by jackie3896 »

Ok, I'm going to try and post the wiring and timing diagrams now. Wish me luck !

I think that worked.

Chris.

Rotamint Luxus wiring and timing diagrams
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Excellent work Chris. Thanks for sharing - I'm sure many will find them useful.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Cheers Chris, well done.

I have two that need threatening.
Seasonings & Gratings to you too.

BP :cool:
geofflove

Rotamint Duett question

Post by geofflove »

I’m awaiting delivery of a Duett. However, from the poor internal pic I have I fear there are missing parts. It looks like part of the coin tube is missing. More seriously I think there may be a motor and cams missing from the back. I’ve seen pics of the Duett with a motor and cams on the back (payout motor?). However, I have also seen pics of Rotamints without this motor present, although this could have been from a different model.

So the big question, does this look to have this part missing and, if so, have I got any chance whatsoever of sourcing one or bodging a workaround...?
Thanks
Attachments
3B5E4947-CAAE-45FB-B632-47E68A9CB390.jpeg
jackie3896

Re: Rotamint Duett question

Post by jackie3896 »

Hi,
It's not a great photo, but the machine looks complete apart from the top part of the coin chute.

It would appear that the machine has stopped mid-cycle so you can't see where the payout cams are, but they should be there. The motors and the switches all look intact so the only thing you might have to worry about is the coin chute.

Chris.
geofflove

Re: Rotamint Duett

Post by geofflove »

Thanks Chris. That’s great to know. Do you know why it is that many pics of Duetts appear to show an additional motor and cams on the back? Is this a different version of the same model or something else? See example attached. Which is the payout motor on my version?
I don't suppose anyone knows of a service manual for this or similar models anywhere? Thanks
Attachments
61765395-9A4E-40C0-8BF0-BEB680DB403D.jpeg
jackie3896

Post by jackie3896 »

Hi, I’m not certain, but there were lots of different types. Duett, Luxus, Super, Rex and others too. They had different payouts, so maybe the extra cams and switches were on different machines, but yours does look complete to me.

There is only one motor. It turns the cams at the top which activate the switches. The payout cams are top left in the photo.

I did post a schematic and timing diagram for a Luxus which you should be able to find in resources (I think). It’s not too different from a Duett as far as I know.

Chris
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »