Somebody knows... Maybe you?
jackie3896

Rotamint Luxus

Postby jackie3896 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi All,
I’m a newbie to this great website and really a pinball man, but have acquired a Rotamint Luxus that I need assistance with.
My problem is with the ‘stop/brake’ buttons and switches. They were broken when I got the machine and had been bodged to try and make them work. Unfortunately unsuccessfully.
I have now pretty much worked out how the switches operate, but am struggling to find how the switch for the first button (left looking from the front, or right hand if you’re looking in the back) resets.
The other 2 buttons/switches reset through the action of a rod and lever, but the other switch seems to work independently and I can’t fathom out how it resets, unless there is something missing from the machine.
Any help, or even a high res. picture would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Rotamint Luxus

Postby pennymachines » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi and a warm electro-mechanical :WELCOME:

There are some decent close-ups of Rotamint Luxus internals from page 4 onwards of this Rotamint topic.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:40 pm

..... and in case you (or anyone else tempted) isn't aware, there are some interesting combinations of voltage trundling around inside.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:07 pm

:zapa: :frankie: :zapa:

jackie3896

Postby jackie3896 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info, but all the pictures that I've seen appear to have the same sort of problem that my machine has. It may have been a fault with the Luxus, but it seems that the first switch gets repositioned, or replaced to enable it to work. I would like to, if possible, replace it as it was originally, but can't find any decent photos that show how it should work. I'm also guessing that this switch is normally closed, as are the other two, and open when the front button is pushed.

Thanks also for the information about the different voltages in the Rotamint. I shall be careful, but am used to Bingos that generally have 240v, 110v, 50v, 17v and 6v circuits. That said, Bally did supply detailed schematics, but I haven't seen anything legible for the Rotamint yet.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Chris.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:14 pm

The wiring diagram in resources is legible and were originally stuck to the doors of the machines.....got rid of mine a while back....

Rotamint Duett wiring diagram

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:40 pm

jackie3896 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:50 pm
I'm also guessing that this switch is normally closed, as are the other two, and open when the front button is pushed.
I can't get at my machine to check but I think you MIGHT be wrong there. I seem to remember that one switch is the opposite of the other two. Could be that the first switch stops the machine earlier than the standard run (which had to be offered as a long time (too long by German law), then the other two restart the second and third reels, but could be thinking of some other machine.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:00 pm

20180509_154107.jpg
Here's a more detailed picture (from this Italian forum) with a better view behind the three switches.
(Use size toggle above image to enlarge).

All three switches appear to act as breaks on this model as seen here:

jackie3896

Postby jackie3896 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi,

Thanks again for all the information.

I'm going to take a guess that there were changes made to the position of that right hand switch (as viewed from inside the back). I've now seen pictures of three different machines with the switch in a vertical position, flat against the back, as per the picture you have posted. Mine is very different. It is actuated in a very similar way to the other two switches - with a rod, spring and fibre washer. I did see a picture of one machine with the same set-up, but it was a very poor quality photo, so couldn't see any detail.

From my experience with Bally bingos there are numerous occasions where alterations were made during production runs and more often than not, without any documentation of the change. I have a feeling that it could be the same with the Rotamint. I will keep searching in the hope of finding something.

Thanks also for the schematic. That helps no end, as at least I should now be able to see what state the switches should be in at reset.

If you happen to find anything else, all information is good :0)

Thanks again.

Chris.

jackie3896

Postby jackie3896 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi All,

A Happy Christmas to everybody out there in PennyMachineLand :0)

I have now just about finished the restoration of my Rotamint Luxus and all is working well, apart from the left hand button switch, of which I still haven't been able to find any decent photos of the original set-up of how the switch resets. I think I will have to mount it flat as shown in photos of various other Luxuses if nobody can come up with any other information.

During the restoration, the main problem I had was finding a schematic for the machine. There were wiring diagrams for the Rotamint Duett and also another which I couldn't find the name of, both of which were similar, but by no means the same. So if anyone is interested and wants help on a restoration, I have drawn a new wiring diagram for the Luxus. I have done it in a way that is similar to the other Rotamint diagrams that I found, but with much more context and hopefully a little clearer to understand. I have also done a Timing Diagram so that you can see what should be happening with the switches and when. I will try and post these onto this forum in the next couple of days when I've worked out how to do it.

Have a good holiday.

Chris.