Rare Bryans Elevenses

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
jingle

Rare Bryans Elevenses

Post by jingle »

I check the Bryans site nr everyday (like most people) :NBG: for new items for sale but been away this week working and just got back !!CHEERS!!
Looked on the site and there are 2 Bryans Elevenses for sale, but now sold :dammit:

Looked closely and the 2 machines are in the same case.
I have never heard or seen one of these before.

Anyone buy it? Looks like it was cheap too !THUMBS!
advertd3.jpg
advertd3.jpg (13.88 KiB) Viewed 3800 times

There was also a guy selling a Trickler and a Jackpot allwin for £200 each at Lincoln Antique Fair :shock:
I was there and got told the mud of my back wheel on my bike was coming over the top of my head !!ESCAPE!! I was going that fast.

"Gone", he said, "Got this jackpot one left".
I cried for 1 hour :cry: coz I had looked in the same area 2 hours before, but there's a 1000 plus stalls all shoved together.

Well the machines are still out there - ya just got to keep looking and have a bit of luck.
cheeky

Re: Rare Bryans Elevenses

Post by cheeky »

Eek. I was away on my hols too. I have a nasty feeling this was for sale just down the road from me. Do you know what the vendor was asking for the machines?
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Look a bit closer, there is no cash box at bottom, must either be a 'special' but why a special would leave the factory without cash box is puzzling, or more likely some arcade owner has put these two together in the past.
terry

Post by terry »

Shame about that Trickler, Jingle! Mind you, a jackpot allwin sold at Kempton yesterday for £550 so I hoped you snapped it up?? Wasn't you selling it on was it??
speedwell

Post by speedwell »

I think these could be from a Four Square which would explain the lack of a cashbox and their identical casing.
speedwell

Post by speedwell »

Silly me. I had wondered if someone might have cannibalised a four square and made a side by side from two of the machines, particularly as the Elevenses was such a popular machine for the Four Square. So yes, it must have been a special or a private conversion. I used to play Bryans machines along the North Wales coast when a boy and cannot recall a side by side of any of his machines.
JC

Post by JC »

Has anyone realised that two identical allwins side by side in the same case is a bit pointless? They couldn't be played simultaneously by two average sized people, so they could only really be played by children.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

They could have been wall mounted in a ladies toilet Jerry cos as we all know the ladies always need to stand in a line and wait and then there would be space enough to accommodate them as they stand and wait one behind another. :lol: