See Saw allwin

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
terry

See Saw allwin

Post by terry »

Hi all... just acquired a batch of allwins from a collector that has owned them for at least 30 years. I recognise them all bar this one and wondered if anybody has seen one before? Instead of the usual winning cups it has holes in the playfield into which you steer the ball using three little see saws.
Attachments
see saw mech.JPG
see saw.JPG
jingle

Re: See Saw allwin

Post by jingle »

nice machine terry
is it for sale
bob
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Nice ..... I like :cool:
rippyspennyarcade

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

I also like it , and I have never seen anything like that at all! I would imagine that you would want to keep this machine, but if it does come up for sale, then please let us all know on this website. I am sure there would be massive interest.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yep, there'd be some strong bidding if you chose to sell it (not least from me). Never seen one like it. Question is, who made it? The artwork looks charmingly naive. Is it printed or hand painted? I'm guessing it's a one-off, non-production prototype or perhaps the work of a talented operator. Looks well enough engineered. What's it like to play?
terry

Post by terry »

Evening, Chaps! Glad you like it as I did too when I first saw it almost a year ago. I'm not looking to sell at the moment as I'd like to clean it up a bit first. There is a bit of dead worm hole in the ply mech board but it was treated years ago and hasn't degraded the ply. I've had a quick play and as you'd imagine, it is quite difficult to catch the ball on one of the see saws! Some of the mech needs freeing up and the cash door needs staining to match the case but otherwise it's all in good order. The artwork is on plastic as per a Whales or similar but I cannot say if it has been screen printed or hand painted. It is certainly colourful though!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

:!: !!GOODONE!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Looks like hand painted artwork to me, you can see the dark green color has lots of lighter areas consistent with brush strokes. Also the fact the payout numbers are stickers over the top of the backflash. And the marquee lettering and lines look a little wonky.
terry

Post by terry »

Yes, I've had a look through the holes in the mechanism and it definitely looks hand painted in reverse. Must have been a real labour of love doing that!