Super Steer-a-Ball

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
lourens

Re: Super Steer-a-Ball

Post by lourens »

Pennymachines, good evening.

Thanks for the cool info about the steering wheel from which car it is and also the photo of the innerwork is perfect. Mine is missing his belt also and wondered if someone here has a picture of the mech and the belt.

My Steer A Ball is not working but it's alive (it's walking around the shed) with woodworm, so I have to completely rebuild the cabinet.

Will upload some pictures in a few secs.

The cashbox can be accessed from the back of the machine I think and you're correct, there are some metal grills on both sides for cooling the lamp compartments.

Does this machine only need the electric for the lamps? It seems like the coin mechanism is completely mechanical.

And did it pay out or is it just a game of skill - the coin return piece just for bent or false coins ?

Thanks in advance for more info.

Last thing what should be its value when it's done properly? I like the work but when I need two months from my free time and a couple of hundred Euros for restoring, I like to know if that's worth it.

Cheers,
Lourens.
lourens

Post by lourens »

Hmm the few secs became an hour or so.
It was playing hide and seek and moved again by itself.

Here are the pics from all sides.
I have a girlfriend that has a sister that has superb skills for painting and I will ask her to try to redo the backboard and the artwork needed on the playing field.

Could somebody advise me if the door on the right side of the cabinet belongs there? Strange thing is the cashbox is accessible from the back.

And the top can be opened by door hinges (lift up). How can you lock it and which types of locks where there on this machine?

Any more advice very welcome.

Cheers,
Lourens.
Attachments
012.JPG
011.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That's great, can we have some photos of your girlfriend and her sister please? !SAINT!
lourens

Post by lourens »

:D hm will ask them if they will pose! but I can assure you they look a lot better than the Steeraball.
jimmycowman

Re: penny steer-a-ball

Post by jimmycowman »

pennymachines wrote: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:49 pm Hi Jimmy,

Nice piece of artwork! Is it really a Stevenson & Lovett or a Jay Pee Manufacturing Co. Steer-a-Ball? The Stevenson & Lovett originally had a light up backglass like a pinball depicting a townscape and zebra crossing, plus traffic lights that changed when you turned the wheel.
Have any of these light up back flashes survived?? Anyone with a picture?