Allwin Window Box

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
terry

Allwin Window Box

Post by terry »

Bought a few allwins in my time but none with a plant growing behind the glass! Honest Joe seems to give it the thumbs up though!!
Attachments
P1000369.JPG
P1000368.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Allwin Window Box.

Post by badpenny »

Well done Terry, you'll make it right I'm sure.
A great project which will end as a great machine .......... crap seller though.

He agreed a date with me to collect and pay, the day before travelling he was called to agree the time and heard "Oh I sold it a couple of days back!"

Still I'm glad you got it. :cool:
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

How witty of the manufacturer to make Honest Joe's telephone number the same as Scotland Yard which I'm sure all you old geezers will remember was Whitehall 1212.
terry

Post by terry »

You're the second person to say that about the seller. Yes, he was a bit of a character! Didn't think I was going to get away as he wouldn't stop talking. He was just selling it for his boss so probably not too bothered about etiquette. I find Gumtree is a bit like that. First person to show up with a wad of cash gets it whatever.

Anyway, you didn't miss out on much Jeremy! Rot and worm means that the case will need new panels and I'm clueless with all that carpentry business! All complete apart from that though so plan to give it a go.....hang on...I've said that before and they tend to languish in the shed for a few years before being cleared out on eBay!

Watch this space... !!ESCAPE!!
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

You will make it mint terry I am 100% sure, your projects always turn out mint :)
terry

Post by terry »

Unfortunately not with your turnaround time though Keith! :o
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

That's because I'm always in a hurry to get playing on them. If it's too much for you, you could always sell it on lol (only kidding).
glittering-prize67

Re: Allwin Window Box

Post by glittering-prize67 »

ive got a hospital for poorly machines,drip feeds and special electric etc.normally works,lol