Cromptons Tooty Fruity in Hull

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
raj

Cromptons Tooty Fruity in Hull

Post by raj »

Great machine when working correctly, but watch out for this seller on thief bay item 301128604760 - terrible negative feedback hiding behind a large volume of good. He makes no claims if it works correctly or not, only the generic tab on the description. These machines are made from chipboard and fall apart at the slightest sign of damp and this guy is simply a 2nd hand dealer with no idea of customer care.
Buyer beware...
I have no connection at all with this person, or am not interested in buying the machine, simply want to make the forum aware of the pitfalls.
Attachments
tooty1.JPG
glittering-prize67

Re: Cromptons Tooty Fruity in Hull

Post by glittering-prize67 »

I had a Tooty Fruity years ago but mine was plywood. I thought they all were. Very well made, but Cromptons always were.
raj

Post by raj »

Well, someone bought it, so let's be knowing Pig or Poke...........
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Most people move tooty fruity machines by one person lifting at the top box end and one at the bottom, this will snap off the top box as the main part of the machine is very heavy and the weak point the link between the two, instead of moving with a sack trolley in an upright position.
The top boxes on these are almost always broken repaired due to this. they are a fun game though and i've operated these ,we converted them from 2p to 10p coin at the time when 10p were still duty free, they were good money takers as arcade fillers.