Fruit Bowl Frenzy!!!

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
terry

Fruit Bowl Frenzy!!!

Post by terry »

Liberated from an arcade this week was not one but TWO Bryans Fruit Bowls!! Apparantly these had served three generations of the same family of showmen. Now who knows where I can get some oak veneered plywood sheets cut to size??? :-?
Attachments
fruit bowls.JPG
fruit bowls.JPG (141.79 KiB) Viewed 4728 times
bryans fan

Veneered ply

Post by bryans fan »

Look in the archive under services. There is a link to a supplier. I have not used them personally.
Could you not try to let in some oak veneer to the bits that are missing? May be worth a try, rather than making a new mech panel? I have repaired a couple of Bryans machines with areas of missing veneer in that way. Keeps the machine a bit more original, but I am over fussy!
Good luck
terry

Post by terry »

Thanks for that! The kids at the arcade caused the damage to veneer but layers of ply are also damaged. The corner of machine on the left has all but collapsed so I think replacement is the only way! If I can obtain a good match of veneer then it shouldn't be too noticeable!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Nice machines Terry. I could not remember the condition of them the last time I saw them but you will sort them. I have just joined the forum today.
I have just finished a allwin myself and at least the kids are happy for while playing it.

Ian
terry

fruit bowls

Post by terry »

Hi again, Ian and thanks once more for the tip off on these!! I haven't touched them yet apart from have a play now and again. They both play and pay although a little erratic which is not unusual for Bryans spinning games! I'm still in two minds whether to replace or repair the damage to veneered fronts. It would be a lot easier to replace but I don't want to lose originality...decisions, decisions! Glad to hear you got your hands on another machine...maybe you could post a photo on here?!!

All the best.

Terry.