Hanno Moulin Rouge restored

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
geofflove

Hanno Moulin Rouge restored

Post by geofflove »

282F1F22-BD76-4C8D-B4EB-34D73E2C2BF7a.jpg

So I’ve been working on this in and off between a few projects and finally finished it by the arrival of a few screws to fix the newly sprayed trim back on.

This one took a bit of mechanical fixing. Needed to bodge a badly falling apart monkey metal bearing attachment for the spinning light mech, some cleaning and adjusting of contacts, stripping, cleaning and lubricating of bearings, gearbox and motor. Even after this it had a problem where sometimes the motor didn’t seem to have enough ooomph to set in motion when starting sometimes, usually after a few runs. I think some more cleaning and lubricating of the motor shaft has sorted this but as it was intermittent only time will tell. I also had to replace about 6 bulbs! Sourcing a 15v mes bulb turned our tricky but managed! Finally the coin mech was also problematic but after some cleaning and adjustment is now more reliable. It runs on old pennies.

On the case side it needed a rub down and re varnish of the wood and strip and respray of the metal parts. I tried to source new edge strips but failed so sprayed them instead.

I think it’s a really pretty machine and is good fun to play too. The only downside is that the red colour in particular in the glass at the top indicating your bet is a bit faded. However, addressing this was beyond me and I concluded that I would do more damage then good. I guess it’s part of the period charm!
Attachments
729C0D51-552D-43D9-A101-E967EA8582EDa.jpg
treefrog

Re: Hanno Moulin Rouge restored

Post by treefrog »

Well done, I sold a few of these in recent years all not properly working and know my limited skills are not for the more complex electrical items.......so there will be queues of projects out there for you I bet as I cannot be alone..... !!THUMBSX2!!
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

Thanks. I quite like the mixed challenge of the mechanics and electrics. I was working on a rotamint duette which I have almost cracked. However the payouts are still a bit random so not quite there yet. I’ll have another go when I finish the duo mat I’m currently working on.

As you mentioned, if anyone does have any electro mechanical projects that they’ve decided not to persue I’d be happy to make an offer. Just get in touch.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Just a thought, would you be able to put some translucent red plastic on the inside of the top window?
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

That’s a good idea special. I could try that. Will have to get searching for some. I always did like the strawberry quality streets so maybe that’s an option!
geofflove

Post by geofflove »

Have ordered this.... but might eat the quality streets anyway. https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1688622347?ii ... 7xEALw_wcB
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Strawberry Quality Streets, my favorite.