Amusement Equipment Co. Ltd. catalogue

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Amusement Equipment Co. Ltd. catalogue

Post by pennymachines »

Catalogue of the Amusement Equipment Company Limited, Hong Kong Works, Exhibition Grounds, Wembley.
This was reproduced by Mike Monaghan and John Hayward in 1980, but has not been made available again since.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
13rebel

Re: Amusement Equipment Co. Ltd. catalogue

Post by 13rebel »

Thanks for posting Mr PM. The 'Navigation' looks similar to Steer a Ball. Do we know the manufacturer? Essex? - because of the coin cup? Drooling over many of the items here :cry: , still, I do at least have a Pussy Shooter. :D
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I don't know who made Navigation and this is the only picture I've seen of it. I wonder if it could be something AMECO made themselves.

It is very different from a Steer a Ball. Over several years, I acquired parts of the game, first the mechanism, then, from the same source, the little ship (which is on wheels), then a suitable Essex-type payout cup and miniature ship's wheel. I advertised for information about it in the Vintage Amusements Magazine years ago, hoping someone else might have one, so I could figure out how it all worked.

Basically, there's a large green glass disc with a flat and ribbed side which is driven round from below. An electromagnet controls the ship and the idea must be to safely navigate it through the harbour. The image above shows what appear to be three-dimensional land features. I don't have that and can't quite imagine how they would work anyway. Surely they would dislodge the ship from the magnet? :!?!:
It's frustrating not to have the last parts of the puzzle.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

pennymachines wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:38 am
I advertised for information about it in the Vintage Amusements Magazine years ago, hoping someone else might have one, so I could figure out how it all worked.

Sooooo........you have your own website devoted to the history of British penny arcade machines and you never bothered to post about it here.....ok...?? :burp: !OMFG! !PUZZLED! :o !!SUICIDAL!! :oops:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Just counted 14 of the machines pictured that I own or have owned, still a ways to go to compete the set it seems. |/XX\|
brigham

Post by brigham »

Both Robot and Eric are well-known, yet I've never seen an example of either.
Are there any known survivors?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

At least one example remains, I believe, but not sure which one. Few of these large novelty arcade pieces were made it seems, and they tended to end up in the scrapyard when they retired.
gameswat wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:36 pm ...you have your own website devoted to the history of British penny arcade machines and you never bothered to post about it here...
You know how it is. Out of sight, out of mind. Posting the catalogue reminded me. !!UHOH!!