Lance Armstrong - Legend? Or lying cheating tw@?

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
andydotp

Lance Armstrong - Legend? Or lying cheating tw@?

Post by andydotp »

Following the interview on Oprah, talk-back radio here in Oz appears fairly split judging by this arvo's callers.
Probably 60/40 are going "pah!, we all knew anyway since USADA that he was cheating and it's good that he's finally 'fessed up"....but everyone else was too so he was just the best of the bunch (of drug cheats).....and he did raise millions for charity.. !CYCLING!
I'll duck for cover and leave this one in the public domain.
andydotp !SOFA!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Lance Armstrong - Legend? Or lying cheating tw@?

Post by badpenny »

This plus good old Sir Jimmy Savile OBE suggests that the world might want to observe the activities of so called celebs who raise multi million £/$ for charities more carefully.
If only in order to ascertain what their fund raising might be covering. For that is what stops authorities from delving with any seriousness. They don't want to be the one remembered for stopping the flow of funding to charity.

However once the bubble bursts there is no point in continuing the lie.
I'd have had more respect for him if when first challenged he'd replied in the manner of .......
"The accusations make my blood boil .. . . but luckily I've someone else's in my fridge."

Jeremy
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

badpenny wrote:"The accusations make my blood boil .. . . but luckily I've someone else's in my fridge."
One of your finest there BP !!CHEERS!!
Perhaps someone else will put their clips on and peddle their views? :o
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Can't get worked up about it. It is only poxy cycling. Not even as if all this fuss will make anything change. Far more important things to worry about than whether a cyclist (or any other 'athlete') got rich by cheating. Like our lying-bastard Politicians, I think they should all get a proper job.

Nice one, BP. Actually made me laugh out loud.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Armstrong's a liar and a cheat. He bullied, slandered and sued others who told the truth about him. I predict he has a real future in American politics.

J Peterson
American with eyes wide shut
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My favorite US political joke, other than the ones who happen to be in power at any one time is this one

President Obama has a dream one night, George Washington appears and Obama asks him " whats the best quality I can have as president? Washington says "Always tell the truth"
next night Franklin D. Roosevelt appears and Obama asks with "whats a good policy to get the nation working" Rooservelt replies, "public works,generate jobs"
one the third night Abe Lincoln appears Obama asks him " whats the best thing I can do for the Nation" Lincoln replies " Go to the theater" :lol:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As for Armstrong, I think him a liar and a cheat who should face total disgrace, his comment that his only regret is getting caught says it all.
Of course the huge money to be made in modern sport puts a lot of pressure on athletes to cheat. Long gone are the days of only Amateurs at Wimbledon and the Oylimpics.

I once knew a lady who took part in the Shepard's Bush Olympics (1926?) On the day of her race she left home in Tooting at 8am with her kit rolled up in a towel and got the bus to Shepards Bush, ran her race then imeadeatly got the bus home because there were no showers. The British Olympic commity did give her a one day bus pass though
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The world is frantic to condemn Lance Armstrong for cheating and lying.
On reflection I think maybe every one is too busy casting stones to realise that winning races by riding a bike whilst on drugs is in itself quite impressive,

The last bloke I saw on a bike whilst stoned ran over a dog whilst avoiding a brick wall that had wandered into his path and ended up in the canal.
Fair play to him!

Jeremy
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

It's just another piece of political theater that's been going on so long, everyone's forgotten why we started it.

It used to be that Soviet and East German athletes won all the power events because they were pumped up on officially-administered steroids. This was something to do with Soviet manhood and during the Cold War, it was obviously an unacceptable situation. However, when Americans tried the same thing they found their manhood disappeared, which made them formidable competitors in womens' events but did not solve the manhood problem. So the Americans started a campaign against drugs in sports which when strictly enforced, allowed Americans to pick up a few medals when the actual winners were disqualified. The resulting sounds of the American national anthem coming from European sports stadiums damaged Soviet manhood to such a degree that the Berlin Wall collapsed and the Cold War ended. However, this took so long that nobody in charge of the drugs policy could remember why it started or what it was for, although they very much appreciated the fat brown envelopes being handed to them by the testing labs. So on the grounds that if a little bit is good then a lot must be better, they extended the drugs ban to just about any chemical not found in a diet of green vegetables.

In the case of Mr Armstrong, I'm quite sure the steroid's muscle building properties were quite secondary to him, and what really mattered was that they made his manhood shrink to the size of three raisins and disappear into his body cavity. Have you ever seen one of those bicycle seats?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Have you ever seen one of those bicycle seats?
looks ok to me :!?!:

bike.jpg
bike.jpg (43.49 KiB) Viewed 3164 times