Well I'm certainly fooled

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Well I'm certainly fooled

Post by badpenny »

Today's BBC Headline ..............

Iran 'successfully sends monkey into space'

I know we're not overly friendly with the leaders of Iran, but you'd think somebody would mention to them, if only in passing that they're on a fool's errand.

Morning Ahmad, another steaming day eh? Have a slice of Badenjan Torshi and pour yourself a cup of Sharbat. It must be nearly 64 years since The Americans shot a monkey into space eh?

Unless they think that by strapping the odd primate to an ICBM we won't think for a moment they're really test firing missiles. :!?!:
bandito

Re: Well I'm certainly fooled

Post by bandito »

Animal rights campaigners will not be happy...... :!!!:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Actually I think it's their way of dealing with political reformers. I believe it's another male interpretation of the Koran like covering your wife in a tablecloth which also doesn't occur anywhere in the good book. I've always wondered if they pull the tablecloth off in one fast swoop when they are at home and shout "ta-da!" like some magic trick.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

coppinpr wrote:Actually I think it's their way of dealing with political reformers. I believe it's another male interpretation of the Koran like covering your wife in a tablecloth which also doesn't occur anywhere in the good book. I've always wondered if they pull the tablecloth off in one fast swoop when they are at home and shout "ta-da!" like some magic trick.
Interesting point ............ and I wonder how the Iranians interpret this weirdness ?
Attachments
article-1120586-0302FC6F000005DC-930_468x494.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

and I wonder how the Iranians interpret this weirdness ?
They wouldn't like it because the photo shows people doing exactly what they WANT to do, no matter how weird. In Iran, you do what God, The mula, and the male population (in that order) SAY you can do, however weird - no other options.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Not so long ago that Iran was a much more pleasant environment to live in - particularly for women. They were educated, allowed to drive, hold down a career and had freedom of choice as to who they had contact with and what they wore. Must have been one hell of a shock and very disappointing when the goat-herds took power. Poor souls.

Still, it is nice to see that with power comes great privilege - I saw the photo on the beeb of the Iranian President taking a ride in his newest missile.

Nice to see he got back safely.

Does anyone else hear that ticking.....?