Blackpiddle

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Blackpiddle

Post by badpenny »

Sally, Pip and I have just returned from a short break in Blackpool.

Stinking hot weather, hotel on the seafront (directly under the Pleasure Beach big roller coaster )
Massive English Brekkers with generous fountain of sausages for Pip (Pip likes snorkers) £23 a night the three of us, cheap or what?

Now I've said quite regularly in the past that this country is stuffed.
We couldn't have expected that kind of deal in Wolverhampton.
Blackpool was deserted. The big roller coaster ran an average of four times a day. The piers were closed at 8.30. and every hotel was sporting a massive sign VACANCIES.

!PUZZLED!
funky

Re: Blackpiddle

Post by funky »

Yea, I live in Blackpool b.p,...... you shud see it when the weather isn't good and out of season then if u thought that was it quiet?.....I thought it was actually very very busy to b honest compared to recent months,...the sunshine bringing the crowds out,.....but compared to years ago and when i was a lad coming visiting in the 70s, 80s, I guess u could say it was deserted,...but as i say u shud see it during the week out of season,..like the old saloon bar in the wild west with the bushes blowing past...i guess folks just dont have the cash to splash anymore on normal weekend hols :!?!: ......hey i have a few machines i cud have done with getting fixed i shud have gave u a shout,.....and hope u took back a stick o Blackpool rock.. !THUMBS!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi funky ......

I have to say it looked a lot cleaner than when I was last there just over ten years ago. I used to live in Torbay as a child so I know what out of season is like at a holiday resort. Also how the prices of everything go up when the tourists arrive but don't go back down again at the end of the season.
Sorry to hear you've got machines that need attention and I missed out, what's on your list of to do's?

The main reason for the visit was to have a look at The Comedy Carpet at the foot of The Tower as my Grandfather is mentioned on it.

BP
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

badpenny wrote:Massive English Brekkers with generous fountain of sausages for Pip (Pip likes snorkers) £23 a night the three of us, cheap or what?
Doesn't this illustrate the North South divide! "£23 a night for the three of us!"
Here in sunny Bath you'd find it hard to get lunch for 3 for £23. It is 50p per 10 mins to park on the street.
funky

Post by funky »

yea the comedy carpet is very good,....did u see harry hill when u were there as he was filming a new movie on the prom,...summat about an escaped hamster or summat?.. :!?!: ......and also if u were down there u would have seen the new road layout which personaly i like but the local motorosits are up in arms about the log jams dirtdog and the council is now considering changing it back to the same way as it was before,.....MILLIONS WELL spent there then,........as for machines i have a few allwins needeing tinkering with and a one arm bandit that plays without putting any cash in,...it just plays and pulls for free,...been a bit ill recently so not had a chance to tinker with them although my tinkering wud prob do them more harm than good :woops: .....did u manage to go into the tower?...there is a reproduction fortune teller in there which i have to say deffo looks the busines,...and also one appeared the week after in coral island also, !THUMBS!