Happy Halloween

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
coppinpr

Happy Halloween

Post by coppinpr »

I made Halloween sausages at work today, on the left you can see Toffee Apple pork, Pumpkin, and our "keep the vampires at bay" garlic in the middle is our "Scary Green" pork,
be afraid,be very afraid.
Happy Halloween all

green saus.jpg

wembleylion

Re: Happy Halloween

Post by wembleylion »

What’s so new about green sausages? They used to serve them up at school when I was a kid in the 1950’s; very clever, you just stabbed them with a fork and a green puss oozed out. !PUKE!

John
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

You're quite right John, but I never said they were new... just scary, and those school sausages were definitely scary.
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

I seem to remember the Sausage stall in Norwich market doing yellow and green 'Canaries' sausages. ( didnt think there was much meat on a canary though!)
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I didn't have a single Trick or Treat kid on my doorstep this year. It was very disappointing. I worked so hard on the trapdoor over the spiked pit.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

OP,

Will you let me out of the pit now? It's not funny any more. :shock:

J Peterson
Will trick for treat in America
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

No master Peterson, you must stay there until your mother arrives with the ransom.

Operator Bell
The man your mother warned you about
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Operator Bell wrote:you must stay there until your mother arrives with the ransom
Don't hold your breath on that one OB, the family grasped the chance and moved the day after Halloween.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

coppinpr wrote:You're quite right John, but I never said they were new... just scary, and those school sausages were definitely scary.
Scary or not, did they start off green or was that the great cooks that schools had? People are like Smarties, that is why we are all different colours. You will normally find the green ones throwing up outside motorway services. :D
wembleylion

Post by wembleylion »

Scary or not, did they start off green or was that the great cooks that schools had?
Alperton secondary school, Wembley, was built before Queen Victoria ascended the throne and there were no cooking facilities so the meals were delivered from a central kitchen at 8.45 each morning in a 10 ton ex-Army lorry that had probably seen service in WW2. The trays and buckets were unloaded and stacked in warming ovens until midday when we were expected to eat the half cold foul stuff; nothing fancy it just got green all by itself :-(
The central kitchen was at the nearby General Hospital and the meat came from the decomposing corpses in the hospital mortuary !OMFG! --- well, the food was that bad that’s what we kids thought anyway :lol:

John
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

My school served a truly ghastly mechanically recovered meat residue. Once you sucked out the juices, which had an aroma of vacuum cleaners, you were left with a gristly pulp, impossible to swallow. I became a vegetarian. We were also served a strange red gelatinous pudding with bits of bread in it. It tasted of ash. !PUKE!
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Phew, I'm glad I didn't grow up in the North of England. I heard you had it tough. Mind you, even my school had to make some changes when the comprehensive system started in the 1960s. It was terrible. The school had to take so many more pupils from the secondary moderns that there was only room for the 6th Form and above at high table.
high table.jpg

john t peterson

My heart goes out to you blokes. Not for the food, but for the reason that you never experienced the quintessential American icon: the LUNCHLADY.

https://screen.yahoo.com/lunch-lady-000000188.html

J Peterson
Scarred for life in America
john t peterson

I replaced the above video with one that actually shows the rarest of all birds, the LUNCHLADY.

J Peterson
American Corndog
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

We believe anything you tell us John ......

Geo Restriction
Sorry! The content provider has not given us the rights to play this video in your location.
Error Code: 501-202
4fbde93f-4722-3c54-bddc-b753d4eee648
john t peterson

Sorry about that, BP. :oops: I have no way of knowing which videos will be geographically limited. !PUZZLED! What's with that anyway? :!?!:

Here is the same video from YouTube which I think will play in the UK. Unfortunately, it appears to be a video hand-captured from the person's TV. You will hear them laughing in the background and the picture isn't that great but good enough to scare the pants off all grade schoolers.

If this does not work, google "Chris Farley Lunchlady."

J Peterson
Geographically challenged in what I think may be America