Olly Whales Win a Kit Kat help

General vintage slot machine related topics.
retreeva

Olly Whales Win a Kit Kat help

Post by retreeva »

Hi all,
It's been a while since I was active in the hobby.
Can anyone help with altering a sweetie tinplate hopper from a Spangles shape to a Kit Kat shape?
The guide rails and payout slide are fine, so it needs the tinplate hopper removing from the rails, a new one formed (or the existing one altered) and brazing back on to the guide rails.
Any help gratefully recieved.
Retreeva.
treefrog

Re: Olly Whales Win a Kit Kat help

Post by treefrog »

Wow, welcome Retreeva, I just noticed you joined the forum in 2005, so welcome back **xXx**

Cannot help you making a chute, but see below thread as this topic where similar desire for another bar fitting the machine has been raised and issues around this. I do recall earlier someone who was making these, but cannot find the thread, was a few years ago. As pointed out by Gameswat, though these chutes will not be standard in fitting locations, so would need to be custom made.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6993&hilit=Making+sweet

Also another option maybe asking https://www.retro-arcade.co.uk as they make sweetie Allwins and maybe you could adapt if you get a picture of one and dimensions.

I often think about buying a metal folder and sheet tin to make my only chutes and cash boxes, but never got around to it and yet more work !OMFG!
retreeva

Re: Olly Whales Win a Kit Kat help

Post by retreeva »

Hi Treefrog.
Many thanks for that.
If no other help is forthcoming, I might get brave and try fashioning it myself. I've never done brazing before, so I'll take a deep breath...